ad: k1jek

Shelby Hamfest Had a smaller turnout than last year!

Discussion in 'Hamfest Reports & Videos' started by KM4KWO, Sep 6, 2015.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. N2SR

N2SR Ham Member QRZ Page

Good. I don't know what they go for new, but $80 seems like a good deal for something of that size.

2. KJ4RWH

KJ4RWH Ham Member QRZ Page

I think that many of the "old codgers" who remember building everything from scratch have forgotten that most of their projects didn't work when finished.

KV3D likes this.
  3. W5KUL

W5KUL Ham Member QRZ Page

Not to mention that every time I build stuff(and I love to) I always have to buy some new tool, or bit, or .... And it always costs a bit more. But then you have the tools for next time... But then there is the 28 unfinished other projects, the time, etc. sometimes you just want to get on the air!

4. K4KYV

K4KYV Premium Subscriber Volunteer Moderator QRZ Page

My problem is that those tools I buy specially for a project will have disappeared off the face of the earth next time I need them. When I work on a project I waste at least as much time looking for things as I spend actually doing productive work. Nevertheless, I still build most of my own stuff.

W5KUL likes this.
  5. W5KUL

W5KUL Ham Member QRZ Page

I hear that! I know I have at least four of the same hole saw, as I went out to buy #4 yesterday to mount my nmo in the car. Don't you know I stumbled on the others just as soon as I was cleaning up and putting things away. :)