ad: k1jek

SharkRF Openspot - Discontinued?

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by K9XN, Jun 7, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
  1. K9XN

K9XN Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Is the SharkRF Openspot now discontinued? I have noticed that many online retailers are no longer selling the device (Gigaparts, MTC, Amazon, etc.) I know around Easter time there were many blow-out sales selling them cheap. I see on the SharkRF website they are still available for 150 Euros though. Just curious if anyone knows more about the status of this device.

2. W4NNF

W4NNF XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Hope not...one was on my "to buy" list. :(

3. NN4RH

NN4RH Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

SharkRF probably knows. Why not ask them, and report back here what they tell you?

4. W4NNF

I haven't tried to contact them (yet)....but their web page, I recall, used to have dealer listings. Now, you're able to buy directly from them, but no dealers in the U.S. listed.

5. K1FBI

K1FBI Ham Member QRZ Page

No middle man!

6. K9XN

K9XN Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I just received a message from them that they are coming out with a new model. No details or anything but it is to replace the current model.

7. W4NNF

I would guess it's a Wi-Fi model... like the Nano...

N5OCO likes this.
  8. WA9SVD

WA9SVD Ham Member QRZ Page

OR, the FCC decided they violated rules and regulations, so were pulled from the U.S. market. I'd suggest a type/model that has FCC approval.

9. WB2LBV

WB2LBV Ham Member QRZ Page

They output 20mw max so I don't think that's a factor.
    Most likely this has to do with the next model coming out, although it is strange how suddenly the current version became unavailable. Glad I have mine.

10. W4NNF

OR their alien overlords confiscated all the stock. Or bigfoot and mothman destroyed their production lines. Well, those are possibilities too! ;)

WZ7U likes this.