ad: UR5CDX-1

Shack Controllers??

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by KE7RUX, May 24, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
  1. KE7RUX

KE7RUX Ham Member QRZ Page

I am interested in the "Shack Controllers" you are aware of or personally own. This is in reference to shack controllers used by operators that enjoy the SO2R (Single Operator Two Radios) / SOMR (Single Operator Multiple Radios) world. What controller device(s) do you use?

This post is inspired by M1BXF's homebrew shack controller (links at the bottom). It has the capability of connecting three radios and combining the audio over one speaker and/or transmitting on all of them at the same time with one mic.

https://www.geekshed.co.uk/picaxe-28x1-bxf-shack-controller-so2r-somr/

2. KE0ZU

KE0ZU Ham Member QRZ Page

I'm a Boat anchor fan and have provisions for 6 receiver/transmitter pairs, or transceivers on the operator bench at any one time. The bench control set-up allows the independent selection of any combination of these units to be the "station". The system is pretty old school but very versatile.

The system is comprised of a transmit/amplifier/antenna patch panel, an audio select panel, and a transmiter audio/key select panel.

[​IMG]

W1TRY likes this.
  3. KB1NXE

KB1NXE Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I use the MicroHam devices. The MicroKeyer II and Station Master. The MKII does electronic keying, rig control, and control, microphone/digi selection, digi modes. The Station Master does band selection, antenna selection, Bandpass filter selection and could do rotor control. I also use it to do pre-amp sequencing and if needed could use it to key outboard amps. They link via a provided cable. So, only one system connection is needed (two USB's for configuration and software updates). The provided software (uRouter) is very feature rich, but can be a bit intensive to get set right. The manuals are well written and fully document the devices. Support via the group is quick and correct if a bit terse.

They are not the cheapest out there, but they are very well made, do virtually everything, and are a decent value.

P.S. I've had them for years.

HTH - Jim - KB1NXE

4. WF4W

WF4W Ham Member QRZ Page

5. K9STH

K9STH Platinum Subscriber Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

6. KE7RUX

KE7RUX Ham Member QRZ Page

Do they allow you to transmit simultaneously or do they alternate tx in between radios?

7. KB1NXE

KB1NXE Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Last edited: May 25, 2018
  8. KL7FZ

KL7FZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Oh. I thought he was talking about wives.

M0REU, KE7RUX, WZ7U and 1 other person like this.
  9. KY5U

KY5U Subscriber QRZ Page

Apparently they couldn't spell worth a poop when you were there either. :)

10. KY5U

KY5U Subscriber QRZ Page

God was the first electronics homebrew engineer: He took a rib from Adam and made a Loud Speaker.

th.jpg

KE7RUX and WZ7U like this.