ad: w5yi

Shack Clocks

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by KI5OMM, Jun 13, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: l-gcopper
ad: l-BCInc
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. KI5OMM

KI5OMM Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

What shack clocks are you using? I'm interested in finding a good LCD digital wall clock that I can set for UTC. Photos and links would be great also!
    Thanks!

N2HUN likes this.
  2. AC9NQ

AC9NQ Ham Member QRZ Page

K1LKP likes this.
  3. K1LKP

K1LKP Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

4. W9RAC

W9RAC Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Yes I know, you ask for a wall clock and one that was digital. I could not help myself. I like the clocks that also read out the seconds. Please overlook me. 73 Rich
    IMG_1788.JPG IMG_1790.JPG IMG_1789.JPG

W5AKK likes this.
  5. KI5OMM

KI5OMM Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Consider it done! LOL
    However I do like the red digital clock in your photo. What kind is that?

W9RAC likes this.
  6. N3AJ

N3AJ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

KX4O likes this.
  7. K1VSK

K1VSK Ham Member QRZ Page

That Kenwood HC10 world clock has always been a favorite and I have one here too. Actually, between the computer, HC10, the one in the radio and an old brass marine tide clock, I have more in retirement than when the time was actually important to me.

W9RAC likes this.
  8. K6CPO

K6CPO Ham Member QRZ Page

I forget where I learned about this, but I repurposed an old smart phone into a clock using the HAM Clock app. The phone is still receiving a network signal which keeps it on time and it displays both local and UTC.

N2UHC, KX4O, NL7W and 1 other person like this.
  9. W2JKT

W2JKT Ham Member QRZ Page

[​IMG]

I have a clock in the upper right corner of my computer screen. Most logging software handles time stamps automatically, too.

N9DG, WF4W, W9RAC and 2 others like this.
  10. KJ5T

KJ5T Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Very timely thread for me as I was looking at my very empty walls Friday when doing some cleaning in the home office, my dad had a pretty nice atomic clock with the temperature (similar to what AC9NQ posted but square), and I always thought it looked cool by his radio gear so I might find one like that. La Crosse makes some pretty cool ones these days.