SGC SG2020 Unable to reduce RF power out per manual.

Discussion in 'General Technical Questions and Answers' started by WX5DL, Aug 4, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
  1. WX5DL

WX5DL Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I inherited SG2020 from my brother and it works great except for one problem: I can't seem to reduce power to qrp levels. The manual says to hold the "cmd" & "nb" then use main dial (vfo) to select from 0 to 20 watts then push "mem" to set. I followed these instructions, reducing the power number to "1" but when transmitting cw, the measured output was still more than 20w. I even did the "reset to factory settings but I still cannot reduce power. I emailed SGC but they replied that they no longer support that radio. Everything else works as it should and I get good signal and audio reports on ssb & cw. I don't know if any mods have been done internally that might affect this issue. I would like to use this radio for portable qrp. Any help with this issue will be welcome!

2. WB2WIK

WB2WIK Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

You might try posting your question or comments here to see if any SGC experts have an answer:
    http://www.qsl.net/sgci/

WX5DL likes this.
  3. WX5DL

WX5DL Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I tried to join the group a few days ago so I could post questions but never got a response. I suspect the group is inactive.