SGC SG-237 Remote ATU Smartlock Tune Control via iCOM IC-7610 (or similar IC-7300) Radio.

Discussion in 'General Technical Questions and Answers' started by VK3FDCA, Nov 14, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. VK3FDCA

VK3FDCA QRZ Member

Hello,
    Does anybody have information on how to interface the SGC SG-237 remote tuner's control cable to the newer iCOM radios like the iCOM IC-7610 (or even on an ICOM IC-7300)? Essentially I want the SG-237 Smartlock connections to work via the iCOM IC-7610's ATU TUNE control button.
    Thanks
    Dean

2. W9WQA

W9WQA Ham Member QRZ Page

i d k 7610 but i use sg230 with my 7300 and 7000. made 3 wire cable to icom. ground,12v, and key.

3. N3HGB

N3HGB Ham Member QRZ Page

My SGC-230 is not interfaced with my radio at all. I have the control box they sell with the tuned indicator light and the button for forcing a retune. It is automatic, it will tune whenever there is RF and it senses a mismatch.
    [​IMG]
    What happens with my TS-450SAT is if I hit tune, the RF activates both the internal ATU and the SGC. That is fine for frequencies the SGC has in memory, but if the SGC is tuning around so is the radio trying to match an ever-changing load. I turn off the radio tuner for that, let the SGC tune the antenna, and then let the radio tune after that.
    * so why use the radio tuner at all? The SGC can land on 1.5:1 or even 2:1 SWR in some cases, it does not always get down to 1:1. The radio tunes out that last bit to prevent fold-back.

W9WQA likes this.
  4. VK3FDCA

VK3FDCA QRZ Member

Hello W9WQA,
    In regards, to your solution; can you please give me a wiring schematic or precise details about your interface (wiring) solution.
    Thank you!
    Dean