ad: elecraft

Setting up RFinderPi details

Discussion in 'RFinderPi - Open Source radio interface based on R' started by WY0M, Aug 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
  1. WY0M

WY0M XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I'm forcing myself to document this. ;) As I go along I'll get some photos up as well.

Ingredients:
    Raspberry Pi model B
    Trendnet 150Mbps Micro Wireless N USB Adapter
    12v USB DC adapter (one of those cigarette lighter to USB adapters)
    a small project box that will serve dual duty as a Pi case and a powerpole distribution box
    West Mountain Super PWRgate (http://www.westmountainradio.com/product_info.php?products_id=pg40s) (I am likely going to swap that out for an IsoPWR unit and put the PWRgate into my home shack where it's intended to go. The IsoPWR (http://www.westmountainradio.com/product_info.php?products_id=iso_pwr)
    Garmin Nuvi 350
    Kenwood TM-D710
    Some powerpoles and wire
    12v power receptacle (cigarette lighter socket) with a powerpole connector on it
    '09 Chevy Trailblazer

The Plan:
    Tap battery power off the rear seat fuse box (I'm tapping into the direct battery connection, I need to sort out the ignition sense, I think the IsoPWR handles that but the Super PWRgate doesn't, I only got that one as I was in the right place at the right time for the right money)
    I need to find a place to mount the backup battery. I have a deep cell marine battery but I'm not keen on using that as there's nowhere I can mount it but inside the car and I don't want it off gassing hydrogen into the passenger compartment. :)
    Run power to the West Mountain device, from there to the respective power points (battery and radio power distro box), the 12v socket plugs into the distro box as does the radio, the 12v to USB adaptor goes in the socket to power the RFinderPI.

Need to mount the radio, the PWRgate/IsoPWR and the distro box on a substrate (plywood probably, I want a system I can pull out if needs be in one piece) and wire it up.

On the software side, I've installed the RFinderPI image on an SD card, I'll finish setting that up this evening (ran out of time last night), does anyone have the control file setup for a D710?

I'm dead tired and work keeps interrupting me so I'm sure I've missed things but I'll be putting some pics and stuff up as I sort the rest of this mess out and get things installed.

2. W2CYK

W2CYK Ham Member QRZ Page

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/q8iaadeqsqhu1oj/AACEv2N2ZIynm2DJDiQ0Mvfha

It is my understanding that the D700 and D710 share the same UNDOCUMENTED CAT directives. Keep me posted on whether you get any response from these commands. Also looking forward to your script! You may be saving me from ripping mine out of the vehicle LOL!

Bob/W2CYK

3. WY0M

WY0M XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.