ad: expert-3

Setting SWR2Air frequency on a Rig expert AA-55 Zoom

Discussion in 'General Technical Questions and Answers' started by KB2SMS, Oct 2, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: L-Geochron
ad: HRDLLC-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. KB2SMS

KB2SMS Ham Member QRZ Page

Can someone please point me to instructions for setting my 2m SWR2Air frequency? When I try it it only let's me plug in HF frequencies. Example, I try to use 146.490 but it comes up as 14.690 What am I missing? There as great review video on Youtube about the unit but he doesn't go into how he programmed HIS frequency. Love the analyzer but this part has me stumped so far. Thanks for any replies in advance.

2. ND6M

ND6M Ham Member QRZ Page

Frequency range: 0.06 to 55 MHz

Was the video using a AA 230 Zoom?

K0UO likes this.
  3. KB2SMS

No, he's using the AA-55 zoom, like the one I have. (start around 10:27 mark). I'm currently going back and forth with him on youtube hoping he'll do a short video showing himself inputting his frequency. The feature looks like it works great.

4. N3PM

N3PM Ham Member QRZ Page

1 - F+0 band select
    2 - #7 SWR (meter) not #4 (graph)
    3 - F+3 set swr2air freq enter
    4 - F+ check mark
    5 - X to cancel

Try that
    Mike N3PM

5. KB2SMS

Thanks but doesn't work.

6. N3PM

N3PM Ham Member QRZ Page

Hmm. I'm sorry it didn't pan out. I watched the video and fiddled for around 5 minutes and found the sequence repeatable. Is there a particular step where it falls apart?
    Mike N3PM

7. KB2SMS

SOLVED! Alex from Rig Expert emailed me back and solved my issue. When in the SWR meter mode press and hold "F" while pressing the "3" key. This allows input of the 2m 6 digit frequency. I was pretty sure I tried that but I guess not. Thanks to all who tried helping here, I really appreciate it. Sometimes something so simple can drive you nuts.

W0KNI likes this.