SETTING MFJ STRAIGHT!!!

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by NN6EE, Jul 4, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: l-assoc
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
  1. N0NB

N0NB Subscriber QRZ Page

Back to MFJ.

I bought a number of MFJ items in the '90s with no QC issues and all did the job they were designed to do. At some point each was replaced with an item that offered a feature/function that I valued that the MFJ unit did not. One of the oldest MFJ items still around is a 1270B TNC I bought right at 30 years ago. I've not powered it up for a couple of years or so, but I have no doubt it would probably fire right up and be useful as a KISS TNC. I still have a 949D tuner we used during Field Day. I have one of the older Ameritron ALS-600 amplifiers that I bought secondhand. No complaints. Works every time I turn it on.

The only complaint I ever had wasn't a QC issue but a sales issue and it wasn't even my purchase! Years back a friend asked me to wired up their then new contest voice keyers. All was well except that to connect it to the computer so CT would activate it, one needed to connect the lines to a five (as I recall) pin header on the back panel. This header should have had a connector supplied but apparently it was only included as part of their pre-made interface cable sold for $15 or some such. Well, we couldn't find a connector locally so he finally convinced MFJ to send him one or two. I guess we had been spoiled by other manufacturers including the needed connectors for their devices. Fortunately, modern software plays sound files through the sound adapter so such boxes are no longer necessary.

2. K1FBI

K1FBI Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

You sound like the remnants of Ten Tec

3. W5WN

W5WN Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Has the task been accomplished yet?

W4IOA likes this.
  4. W4IOA

W4IOA Ham Member QRZ Page

Big hamfest every year. The Memphis club rents a bus to attend

5. W2NAP

W2NAP Ham Member QRZ Page

no, still have 48 pages to go.

K9ASE, W4IOA and W5WN like this.
  6. WD3N

WD3N Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

You can't be a complete failure until you can blame MFJ...or FT8...no code ...ect...ect...ect...:p;):rolleyes::)

W4NNF likes this.
  7. N2EY

N2EY Ham Member QRZ Page

Yep. Also some rocket stuff.....

8. VE3ZYR

VE3ZYR Ham Member QRZ Page

The rocket center.....I went there about 30 years ago.

N2EY likes this.
  9. WA6MHZ

WA6MHZ Subscriber QRZ Page

STARKVILLE has become a BOOM TOWN thanks to MFJ!!! probably most of the town works there or is in someway supporting it.
    I'm scared to go there because of all the BROWN RECLUSE SPIDERS!!!!

K9ASE likes this.
  10. AD5HR

AD5HR Ham Member QRZ Page

Better avoid S. Texas, Pat.
    Went to the shop today to brake some sheetmetal for work, and while moving things
    around killed 3 scorpions, a Black Widow, and a Brown Recluse. Didn't count the wasps.
    Just another day in God's Country.
    Jon