ad: w5yi

Service limit exceeded

Discussion in 'Community Help Center' started by NC8X, Jul 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: Left-2
  1. KD8MJR

KD8MJR XML Subscriber QRZ Page

After about 8 lookups I get the same message. Last week it took about 40 and the week before that 60! It would seem that this site has now officialy become a Pay Service! At 8 lookups it's impossible to use the service for DX work, I guess they kept decreasing it till they found a number that forces us to pay.

2. WS2L

WS2L Guest

Let me give it a shot.

The limit is 60 lookups in 1 hour.

The rationale is that no human could read one page per minute sustained for 1 hour in casual browsing, and that's how we detect mechanized access to the site. stations who have large jumps in look up numbers are being done so by some type of program that increases the amount of lookups that would take decades to complete properly.

3. UA6JD

UA6JD Moderator Volunteer DX Helper Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

You mean 60 per 1 hour or 1 per minute?
    If I look 10 clicks per 2 minute it recognize as machine or human click? and also limited to viewer?
    Once, I am check CSS style colors and re-load page about 10 times per 2 minute to find better view of background/text colors in one callsign and server is limited my test. True to say, after 10 minutes I was continued to test.

4. W8NSA

W8NSA Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I hope hit rate is not measured by source IP address, I'm forced to use a proxy for browsing (Hughesnet) and I'm sure many other hams are using the same source IP address.

5. N5ARK

N5ARK Ham Member QRZ Page

QRZ lookup

Hi everyone,

I was hit with the same message tonight. I tried looking up a call while I was not logged in and it gave me the message. I then logged in and it worked fine.

Troy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.