Service limit exceeded

Discussion in 'Community Help Center' started by NC8X, Jul 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: DLSpec-1
ad: Left-3
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
  1. NC8X

NC8X Ham Member QRZ Page

I have been getting this message lately on qrz, this past time i think i have looked up 3 calls. Is this a person limit per my callsign? or is the service limit exceeded for the entire qrz site? I have never expierenced this in the past, i have been haveing to go over to buckmaster to look up calls. any information would be appreciated.

Service limit exceeded: Too many lookups in this time period.

Please try again later.

2. NC8X

NC8X Ham Member QRZ Page

Do i understand you corectly , that this is happening to everyone? i wonder if it is going to be fixed in the near future , or should i just get more in the habit of useing buckmaster? Seems this just started happening when qrz started the loogbook feature .

3. KE6KJD

KE6KJD Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I have had this message all weekend long.
    It's hard to look up EU stations when this locks you out. :mad:

4. W4RAV

W4RAV Ham Member QRZ Page

Yeah, I'm just in the site trying to do some updates to my page, and now I get the "Service limit exceeded: Too many lookups in this time period. Please try again later."

He's trying to find a balance between limiting bandwidth to large requests (and I do get a few) but at the same time, it really handicaps legitimate use.

f

5. W4RAV

And since then, what's with this? "You are making too many lookups to QRZ in a short period of time. Subscribe now to our XML Logbook Data service to avoid this limit. Otherwise, please try again later."

These errors make me feel like I forgot to pay my electricity bill. I'm used to just turning on the light, but now I'm in the dark until some computer flips the switch back on.

Also, am not able to continue editing my page without getting a completely senseless "Do you wish to become the QRZ Database manager for K2NCC?" every time I hit the save button.

hamcall.net does something familiar with limiting lookups. mods.dk allows registered users to see only one document a day. so this isn't an unheard of standard.

I believe this is the beginning of the end of non-paying QRZ.com users getting what they're used to having.

6. DL0NG

DL0NG Ham Member QRZ Page

Hello Tim
    I tried looking 42 calls last 5 minutes without any problem. Thinking its a software bug

73 Helmut

7. W4RAV

I don't know who's software you mean Helmut. The errors are pretty specific and happen with either browser. And an issue covered pretty thouroughly since implemented by QRZ. Anyway, 20 minutes later everything was back to "normal."

8. KA9MOT

KA9MOT Ham Member QRZ Page

I wonder why nobody from the QRZ Help Center has not addressed this issue. I am having no problems but it would be nice to come here and find the fix, if I were to have trouble.

It's been 10 days since the OP posted. Long time to wait for an answer.

9. OE5BFM

OE5BFM Ham Member QRZ Page

I just wanted to correct my adress and Locator and I got the same error message. "Service limit exceeded: Too many lookups in this time period.
    Please try again later."

Now my adress is ok, but the locator is wrong, great..... :eek:

So the question is: How much are "too many", how long is a "time period", and what is "later"?

That looks not very serious to me. :(

73!
    Herb

10. OE5BFM

OE5BFM Ham Member QRZ Page

Addendum to my message above:

Meanwhile I tried to find a reason on my PC, removed cookies and so on. Didn`t help.
    But, after about 30 minutes all worked right again!

So the solution is, to do, what the error message says: Try it again later, hi.:)

73!
    Herb

Last edited: Aug 15, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.