Sentinel Hex Beam 20M single band? Any good?

Discussion in 'Antennas, Feedlines, Towers & Rotors' started by K0AMY, Aug 14, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-Geochron
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
  1. K0AMY

K0AMY XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Sold by RadioWavz.com. Smaller footprint, and no tuning.... They also state it works ok at lower heights.... whatever that is. I want to do better on 20m... my 4 band vertical is not so good on 20. I'm pushing 60 yrs and limited as to what I can accomplish physically. Any thoughts appreciated. Thanks, Amy K0AMY

2. KA2TVX

KA2TVX Ham Member QRZ Page

I have no experience with that or any other hexbeam, but I also have been looking at them. Reading seems to indicate they can be good at heights from 20-40 feet. The one you mention seems to be pricy.

I like them as they seem to be light in weight, therefore easy to erect, can use a light rotor, durable, and will add some directionality to my antenna setup as the propagation improves in Cycle 25.

The price for the one you are looking at single band seems close in price to other models 4 bands.

Also, have you looked at reviews on eHam ? While I would not take them as gospel, comparing options there can sometimes yield more information!

Good luck and post thoughts here for others please!

3. KI5KEE

KI5KEE Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

The KIO hexbeam is a great option. I have one at 38 feet.