Sending QSL cards to a elementary school?

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by PY2RAF, Dec 7, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. PY2RAF

PY2RAF XML Subscriber QRZ Page

KP4SX and (deleted member) like this.
  2. N1FM

N1FM Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I like that idea. Probably best to find a ham working at a school and maybe even get a ham curriculum going?

3. KP4SX

KP4SX Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

A card from here will go in the out box maƱana.

4. K1OIK

K1OIK Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I wonder where you could find a ham that gives away QSL cards? (notice the vertical and radials plus QSL being blown by the wind.)
    ham radio001.jpg

W4IOA likes this.
  5. VK4HAT

VK4HAT Ham Member QRZ Page

its not all about you Bert.

AG5DB likes this.
  6. N3AB

N3AB Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I think Bert left positive impressions in the minds of many young students.

W5TTW, KA1SHU, W0IS and 1 other person like this.
  7. W0IS

W0IS Ham Member QRZ Page

Incidentally, if anyone else thinks they have what it takes to be a substitute teacher, I have more information at my blog:

http://onetuberadio.com/2017/03/12/substitute-teaching-in-minnesota/

If you like thinking on your feet, it can be a fun job. This information is specific to Minnesota, but most other states work about the same.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2019
    K1OIK likes this.
  8. WZ7U

WZ7U Ham Member QRZ Page

Now if that same feat could be accomplished in the minds of many internet board participants.

K1OIK likes this.
  9. K1OIK

K1OIK Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

The article is very good but there are differences here. Pay is much lower between $70-$85 a day, some schools no degree is required, others a 2 year degree but you are required to have a CORI check, i.e. be of good character, even a DUI will get you blocked. In high school you are essentially a baby sitter no teaching is required. I do elementary I am engaged 90% of the time teaching, you do have to know the subject. Because I am so familiar with the curriculum it is not unusual to have no plans or minimal plans. Yesterday I had no plans, Monday I will have no lesson plans. I do teach amateur radio from time to time, never the negatives, kids love the Morse code. I find it highly rewarding with both the kids and staffs. I work almost 100% with women. Thus in bathrooms, never forget to put the seat down. 90% of my classes are by teacher request not because I am that good but because I love the kids and the kids like me. I would do it for no pay. Teachers want their kids happy. Only do it if you like kids, kids can read adults in about a minute, you can't fake it for long.

10. W5TTW

W5TTW XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Nonsense. They NEVER give men the courtesy of putting the seat back up. Gender equality. If we can operate the seat as needed, so can they.

G3ZPF, KI7HSB and W4IOA like this.