Sending CQX on CW

Discussion in 'Straight Keys - CW Enthusiasts' started by N4UP, Apr 29, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: abrind-2
  1. W5BIB

W5BIB Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I would think that just signing your callsign as N4UP/M would be enough of an indication to me, that the QSO may be short.

eg: W5BIB de N4UP/M - tks - 579 (or whatever) - in TX/Dallas county (or wherever) - op Pete (or whoever) - BK (just do it 'contest style' & I think the folks hearing you will get the idea that you're not looking for a rag-chew) ;)

Sounds like a fun trip - be safe

WB5YUZ, N4UP, AD5HR and 1 other person like this.
  2. N2SUB

N2SUB Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

^^^^^^ What he said ^^^^^^

3. W2OZB

W2OZB XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Ditto

4. K8JD

K8JD Ham Member QRZ Page

If I ever heard a "CQX" I probably, just kept tuning.

KD1W likes this.
  5. K8JD

K8JD Ham Member QRZ Page

I have tuned to some SSB QSOs where it sounds something like " W4XXX here,... welll....UMMM. errrr, maybe I wonder if ...ummm yew know errrr.....sure ummm back to net"
    A lot of guys with lots of time to waste and not much to say and like to tie up a freq forever :D !

6. W7UUU

W7UUU Super Moderator Lifetime Member 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Sure - but what if someone wanted to do the same from home? Have a quick no frills QSO and on to the next?

CQX still seems a valid idea - getting acceptance would be another thing altogether :)

Dave
    W7UUU

7. W9RAC

W9RAC Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I hear it all and to me its distracting. CQDXSKCC, CQDX/M and even more. I generally just tune by. 73 Rich

8. W9RAC

Im mostly......in fact all rag chew unless I am forced not to be. Not sure why, just enjoy a bit of a conversation. If the other guy is not interested its quickly obvious so I comply with the information they might want/need and throw em back in. It's not hard to find a good conversation if you hang out on those frequencies where it is more prevalent. Some of the guys who have not been in a lot of actual conversations find it difficult to not be on "script" with their CW. 73 Rich

KQ4MM, N8TGQ and W7UUU like this.
  9. W9RAC

I believe you are incorrect. Evidently you have had little or maybe no exposure to CW. There are thousands of QSO's going on at any one time. Take a peek at the link below and see how many CQ's you see in 5 min.... (hint) 100's... that is just a small sampling of the total. Those are Amateurs looking for a QSO. So if I am correct regarding your CW exposure, or lack of it I am sure it would only seem logical to you......that no one is using it. 73 Rich

P.S. set the row count to 100

http://www.reversebeacon.net/main.php

N8TGQ, W5BIB and W7UUU like this.
  10. W9RAC

Only the more intelligent ones Dave, your doing just fine sir. 73 Rich

M6GYU likes this.