ad: w5yi

Sending CAT Commands to the Transceiver

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio Software' started by KF6E, Jul 14, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: l-assoc
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
  1. KF6E

KF6E XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I'm trying to send some CAT commands to my FTdx5K to set it up prior to running WSJT-X. I downloaded and installed DXLabs Commander. When I go to the configuration screen, it is vertically compressed, making the lines overlap, so the text can't be read. I've tried changing the screen resolution, rebooting, and re-installing the software to no avail.

Does anyone know either how to fix this or another way to send CAT commands to the transceiver? I'm using the Timewave Navigator to interface the computer to the rig.

Thanks.

2. K7MEM

K7MEM Ham Member QRZ Page

I use DXab occasionally and have never seen your problem. My laptop screen is 1366 x 768 The configuration screen is almost full screen height and very easy to read.

You need to go to https://groups.io/g/DXLab, join the group and ask your question in the group. You problem may have already been addressed.

3. AA6YQ

AA6YQ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

As I explained to you earlier via email message, you evidently have Windows configured with a display scale factor so large that there is insufficient room to fully display the text in Commander's windows.

4. AA6YQ

AA6YQ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Frank KF6E reports that configuring Windows 7 to use a 100% scaling factor produced a correct display of Commander's Configuration window.