Semi rare car

Discussion in 'On the Road' started by KL7AJ, Sep 27, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: l-assoc
  1. KL7AJ

KL7AJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Yep. All of them taken with my dad's beloved Voigtlander camera. I think it's the only camera he had for 40 years!

2. WR2E

WR2E Ham Member QRZ Page

My grandpa had one too! It's amazing to me the longevity of those KC slides, and the clarity of the colors after all these years. I've got many boxes myself but no way to scan them. I do still have a working projector that I drag out when I want to bore friends and neighbors!

3. KL7AJ

I just bought a Canon slide scanner specifically for this job....scanning all 2400+ photos. It was $200 and well worth it.

K9ASE likes this.
  4. WA7PRC

WA7PRC Ham Member QRZ Page

5. N6RGR

N6RGR Ham Member QRZ Page

I purchased a slide scanner a few years back and scanned about 15 kodak carousels worth of slides. Digital scans can be repaired and the colors improved via photoshop. Original slides will eventually wash out and lose color. I also scanned a variety of negatives (35mm, 126, and 220) and have nice prints made from the scans. It is probably the best way to archive family photos and allows sharing with family members much easier.

Roger N6RGR

6. N6RGR

N6RGR Ham Member QRZ Page

I always thought the Morris Minor looked like a shrunken 1950's Volvo!! upload_2018-9-27_15-14-11.png

K9ASE likes this.
  7. KL7AJ

It does, doesn't it. :) Alas, it had Lucas Electric (The Prince of Darkness) wiring throughout. Otherwise a very roadworthy vehicle....one of the first ever with rack and pinion steering.

8. K6GB

K6GB XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Question- Why do British mechanics drink warm beer? Answer- They have Lucas refrigerators. Former owner of Austin-Healey, MG, and a Triumph.

K9ASE likes this.
  9. KV6O

KV6O Ham Member QRZ Page

My dad owned a Jag XK120 back in the day, and there was a editorial that he said summed up the experience. It went something like this, "Everyone, at some point in their life should own a British sports car. This way, later in life, you can tell stories like, "I was just driving down the road when my driveshaft fell out"".

KB4QAA likes this.
  10. WA7PRC

WA7PRC Ham Member QRZ Page

When I've "banged" a big #7290 u-joint at 6500+ rpm, it lets me know with a loud BANG!
    [​IMG]
    The required safety loop around the front of the driveshaft prevents "pogo-sticking" at speed. ;)

Bryan WA7PRC
    NHRA ET6201

K9ASE and AD5HR like this.