Discussion in 'Swapmeet Talk' started by N3AB, Nov 4, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. N3AB

    N3AB Subscriber QRZ Page

    I have a few new and used Chinese portables and mobiles (Baefeng, Leixen, etc) that I was giving to some of the locally newly-licensed amateurs in the area to help get them started. I have a few left and want to move them out to pay some car bills. I haven't looked at each radio for an FCC sticker yet, but is it legal for me as an individual to sell these things if they are not certified? There seems to be a lot of confusion over the recent FCC announcement about these radios.

    John N3AB
  2. KA9JLM

    KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

    I have yet to see one that was not certified for ham radio use.

    I would only offer them to a licensed ham.

    Good Luck.
  3. VA3VF

    VA3VF Ham Member QRZ Page

    Did you mean to write: I have yet to see one that WAS certified for ham radio use.

    That is the problem with them. Being operational outside of the ham bands is what the FCC is talking about.

Share This Page

ad: RWAnt-1