Seeking suggestions for cootie (side swipper) key.

Discussion in 'Straight Keys - CW Enthusiasts' started by KD2RON, Aug 16, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: l-BCInc
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: L-Geochron
ad: abrind-2
  1. KD1JT

KD1JT Ham Member QRZ Page

check out the offerings at CWMorse.us ... I have one of their dual paddles I use for portable ops, not bad for the money. The website is wonky, the single paddle images all show dual paddle models, but they do indeed have singles.

2. W4HAY

W4HAY XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Go to the SKCC WES web page (https://www.skccgroup.com/operating_activities/weekend_sprintathon/) and select the "results" tab at the top of the page. Then call up any of the March sprints and scroll down to the comments at the bottom of the page. The March theme is cooties and bugs and you'll find pictures of commercial and homebrew sideswipers.

3. W9RAC

W9RAC Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I have not tried one Mike since I'm sure it is out of my skill level. I have had the pleasure to work a couple Ops. who had some of the best sounding CW I have ever copied using a cootie. Super smooth and a treat to copy. One of those Ops. I QSO with on occasion but I will not post his call although out of respect for his skill I am tempted. 73 Rich

4. W6MK

W6MK Ham Member QRZ Page

The thing about skills is that if you don't have them, you can develop them simply by doing things. And, often, being patient.