Seeking someone to improve D-Star Open-AMBE

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by KB9MWR, Sep 3, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
  1. KB9MWR

KB9MWR Ham Member QRZ Page

The only cross mode I have done is with the DVSwitch software. (https://dvswitch.groups.io/) And I am pretty sure it doesn't do D-Star AMBE to anything. Just DMR to Fusion and NXDN.

2. N1YR

N1YR Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Just thinking out loud,

The DUDE-Star system works on an analog radio with a data port, but can't support rapid transmit cycling used with time-division multiplex (TDM) modes like DMR.
    DMR radios all work with 2 time slots and fast T/R cycling, and generally all also do analog FM with its 100% transmit time during PTT.

So, if you have a DMR radio that supports 9600 baud data in analog mode, it is conceivable that you could connect the DUDE-Star system to work the other modes on an analog data channel, and use the radio's native DMR to be able to transmit TDM in that mode. It might require 2 microphones and speakers unless integration controls were devised.

3. KB9MWR

KB9MWR Ham Member QRZ Page

That is correct thinking. Now good lucking finding such an animal or getting a manufacture to create such a beast.

That is a big problem in ham radio. Most manufactures are fairly conservative. There have been a bunch of good ideas that have never materialized. Connect Systems and that CS7000, that HT of the Future, etc. I get it, it boils down to economics.

So for me most of the interesting things going on in ham radio days are in the software arena. Do what you can with what you have.