Seeking readable PC magazine

Discussion in 'Community Help Center' started by K8ERV, Mar 26, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. K8ERV

K8ERV Ham Member QRZ Page

I take MaximumPC magazine to keep up with the computer field. But it's print has gotten so small, thin and
    light it is very difficult to read. I have sent many messages with no results.

Can anyone suggest a computer oriented magazine that is easy to read? (My sight is very good).

TOM K8ERV Montrose Colo

2. WB5WPA

WB5WPA Ham Member QRZ Page

I just went through a 'cycle' of bad eyesight, could not read regular printed black-on-white printed text, could not read regular white-background PC screens either, so I had PC screen colors reversed so I could see words ... all better now, but for awhile I was really limited.

As a consequence, I came up with some techniques to 'cope' for a couple years, like using a Chrome browser add-on called "Deluminate" and for paper-printed material I would take an electronic camera picture, import it into ImageJ pix editor and reverse the image colors ....

Any of this help - or is something else needed? If the print is too small on a printed pub, maybe using a camera to 'blow it up' would help?

3. K8ERV

Tnx, but too many pages to do that. And I refuse to use a headband magnifier. Should not be needed.

TOM K8ERV Montrose Colo

4. WB5WPA

WB5WPA Ham Member QRZ Page

How about ... using a PC web-cam to look at the page, and then read the text off the screen of the PC? I didn't think of this before, probably b/c it was to difficult at the time for me to set it up, and for me, it would have had to invert the white to black anyway ...

5. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

I thought mine was also.

Then I discovered Reader Glass so I could read and understand my Bible.

Not a spring chicken anymore.

Can you read this ?

6. K8ERV

Not work well in the bathroom---

TOM K8ERV Montrose Colo

KA9JLM likes this.
  7. N0TZU

N0TZU Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Cheap reading glasses from the discount store? If you don't have significant astigmatism they might do the trick.

WB5WPA likes this.
  8. KA9JLM

I worked with a preacher that refused to wear glasses.

He said, If I needed glasses, The good lord would have provided me with them at birth.

He got fired, Then I had to do all of his work. :mad:

People can be funny. He was a good man, That just did not understand.

I do not want contacts on my eye ball. But I do wear readers when I solder SM stuff.

9. K8MHZ

K8MHZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Have you tried changing the font size on your browser?

10. KA9JLM

Will that make the print in the Magazine bigger ? :rolleyes: