Seeking info/docs: Pioneer Electric and Research Corp. Sideband Selector model S-6

Discussion in '"Boat Anchor" & Classic Equipment' started by AH7I, May 4, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
  1. AH7I

AH7I Ham Member QRZ Page

Seeking info/docs: Pioneer Electric & Research Corp. (PER). Side band Selector. Model S-6 .

Appears to be 455kc IF using crystal filters.
    AM, exalted carrier, USB, LSB, ISB.
    Appears to be the sort of thing that might have been used with radiotelephone.
    Rack mount.
    It's begging to be mated to a 1950's or 60's receiver.

Thanks.

2. WB2GCR

WB2GCR Ham Member QRZ Page

Pics??

3. AH7I

AH7I Ham Member QRZ Page

I'll try to get some Tuesday. Today is my long (13+ hr) work day.

4. WB6NVH

WB6NVH Ham Member QRZ Page

I checked my library and don't have this model, so can't help you, but just wanted to note that PERCO was sort of a "bespoke" manufacturer that made small quantity projects for CIA, NSA and assorted government agencies. They made a dual diversity receiving converter (DDR-2) which fed two Racal RA-17D receivers and was used by the VOA in their regional receiving stations which were near the associated transmitting plants (Dixon, Bethany and Delano.) Getting manuals for this stuff is exceedingly difficult as they were generally required to be left with the equipment on-site, and when the equipment was pulled out, they were discarded or lost.

Geoff
    WB6NVH
    Monterey CA

5. AH7I

AH7I Ham Member QRZ Page

Dear Geoff,

Thank you for taking the time to write. Cool. With the 2 digit SN and nothing turned up by search engines, I'm not surprised. I mounted it in a rack and put it in a corner at least 20 years ago. I recall picking it up for a few bucks at a hamfest because the filters looked useful. Once home decided it's too nice to cannibalize. One of these days I might have time to work out the functional blocks, get it running again, and see how it sounds.

73, -bob ah7i Atlanta GA