Security Update 2019-005 seems to have blocked JT-Bridge Port

Discussion in 'OS: Mac OS' started by VK2XTC, Oct 10, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
  1. VK2XTC

VK2XTC XML Subscriber QRZ Page

My Mac updated itself yesterday with Apple Security Update 2019-005 and now WSJT-X and JT-Bridge no longer communicate. I've confirmed the IP Address is correct and the port number is correct. Even changed IP Address to back to localhost to be sure, but still nothing.

I'm not sure where to go from here. Any suggestions ??

Thanks

Brian

2. K8HIT

K8HIT Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Besides buy a Windows machine....sorry.

Do you have a firewall where you can explicitly allow communication between the two programs? Maybe the same relationship needs to be set in your virus/security software.

3. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

Your Mac has the Windows virus. o_O

Give Linux a try.

local host should be 127.0.0.1 or 0.0.0.0

Good Luck.

4. VK2XTC

VK2XTC XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Resolved.
    I've deleted the file space - reinstalled the programs and have now got it working. Interestingly it ran for earlier versions of WSJT-X , but not the latest.
    Some application access issue, but who knows as Apple won't tell what they fix in their security patches. anyway it's working.

Normally I wouldn't respond , but as I run multiple OS's I thought I should.

K8HIT,

I have 27inch i7 Mac that is dedicated to radio. The resolution is beautiful and it's very fast. I have a second screen beside it (extended), making it about 1.2 meters wide with the radios mounted below.
    I'm less enthusiastic as I used to be about Apple as MacOS is becoming increasingly unstable as I push this thing to it's limits.

The implementation of the applications that do run on a Mac for radio are far superior to those that run on Windows. I also have a Win10 i7 laptop for portable use so have both OS's running.
    You really need to see Ham Apps such as RunLogNG, MacDoppler, JT-Bridge, Gqrx, FLdigi, Multiscan 3B, WSJT-X running on a Mac. They are implemented for a higher resolution screen. The look and feel is so much nicer.

Not suggesting you move to an Apple environment. It's way more hassle than a Windows environment and the software set is limited.
    But the applications that are available are functionally rich and beautifully presented. Even multi platform apps such as WSJT-X look better on a mac.

P.S . thanks for the firewall suggestion. That's what I originally thought but I could't wait and the reload seemed to fix it.

Brian

5. K8HIT

K8HIT Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Glad you have it resolved.

I've run Macs, many years in the printing industry. It's a love/hate thing for me. But that really applies to all computers.