Secure buying.

Discussion in 'Stolen Radios, Scams and Rip-Offs' started by KC3EPA, Apr 24, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. K8MH

K8MH Ham Member QRZ Page

My brother is a retired CEO of a banking institution (credit union) and he complained that there were plenty of fake postal money orders floating around. Think about that for a moment before accepting one as payment.

K3XR likes this.
  2. K2CD

K2CD Ham Member QRZ Page

Counterfeit USPS money orders would only be a problem if you shipped before cashing. I make darn sure I have the cash in hand first, then I ship the package immediately in the same post office visit.

K3XR likes this.
  3. K8MH

K8MH Ham Member QRZ Page

Even better way, use the tool the issuer provides: Contact the U.S. Post Office Money Order Verification System at 1-866-459-7822 to verify the authenticity of any U.S. Postal money order.

N1VAU, AJ4GQ, NZ4X and 1 other person like this.
  4. W5HEX

W5HEX Ham Member QRZ Page

The problem with Ebay and Paypal is that they ARE NOT seller friendly. As an honest seller, I've been burned by DISHONEST buyers on ebay and paypal. They always side with the buyer. And, ebay listing fees and paypal fees can take a good chunk of your sale. I wish I had an answer that worked but dishonesty and scams seem to keep growing. Its a shame its come to this.