Secure buying.

Discussion in 'Stolen Radios, Scams and Rip-Offs' started by KC3EPA, Apr 24, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: l-assoc
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
  1. KC3EPA

KC3EPA Ham Member QRZ Page

Never buy from a stranger without the proper forum.
    Require the item be placed on Ebay as private auction.

EBay has money back guarantee for any reason and they pay return shipping if NAD not as described.

EBay requires PayPal and always use a credit card here as card company always sides with member.
    PayPal hates it because if they would ever decide against you your credit card company will not.

If they can not use ebay then use PayPal.
    If item is not received the sellers funds are placed in escrow.
    PayPal will always pay you back for non received item and so will EBay.

The seller is required to show tracking.
    No tracking even if you received it means seller must refund you.

Do any dispute the first day item not received.
    Do no partial refunds or send money to unknown email address.

Do not accept the sick excuse or many others as my father is dying.

The only thing important is was it received.
    There is no other compromise and you still have right of return with full refund.

KA2FIR likes this.
  2. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

Listing on EBay and selling on QRZ is two timing.

3. KD5JBN

KD5JBN Ham Member QRZ Page

Any Real HAM will take a USPS Postal Money Order. Good as Cash anywhere in the USA.
    Friends and Family through Paypal is asking to have your Money Stolen.. You have no recourse if the Peckerhead decides to ship you a Box of Rocks instead of your Equipment

4. W5PFG

W5PFG Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Someone is owed a refund for an item they received? o_O

5. KB4QAA

KB4QAA XML Subscriber QRZ Page

No. It's called listing or advertising.

6. KP4SX

KP4SX Subscriber QRZ Page

Nope, not me. I won't buy from a "HAM" and postal money orders are inconvenient for me to buy or cash in.
    Anybody who uses PP F&F needs their head examined. "Real" Paypal paid and backed up with a credit card is hard to beat.

7. KD5JBN

KD5JBN Ham Member QRZ Page

Maybe so, But it squelches any Scammers when you say Postal MO. It is a Felony for someone Other than the Person the MO is made out to to cash it. A FEDERAL Felony.. They know it, so they'll try every excuse in the Book to get you to either Paypal it or Western Union. REAL Paypal Backed up with a CC is a good Option, but In my Experience with them they dispute and Dragass when it comes to your Claim.. You have to go to the CC company to get anything done.