Secondary Call Sign

Discussion in 'Logbook User Forum' started by K7NWF, May 21, 2020 at 6:37 AM.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: FBNews-1
ad: OK1UUad-1
  1. K7NWF

K7NWF XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Just added another call sign logbook to my primary call sign K7NWF Logbook. The new one added is K7NWF/QRP. When I have a QSO with the new call sign and log it, no problem, it shows up in my new logbook, not my primary one. When another member confirms are QSO it moves the confirmed QSO to the primary logbook. How can I get the confirmation to stay in the secondary logbook under the secondary call sign. All help is appreciated..

Norm - K7NWF

2. W1DQ

W1DQ Logbook Administrator Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

It cannot move from one logbook to another.

You may have still been in your primary logbook when you entered the QSO, hence it got logged there. When you try again, make certain you see the QSO appers in the right logbook.

3. K7NWF

K7NWF XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Not the case, I do the entry in the secondary logbook, the new entry is logged and appears with no problem. I then click actions to request confirmation for the QSO, a little dot appears on the right side of the screen showing the request, just like all other entries I make. Now, when the other members confirms the QSO, I see no gold star ⭐️ replacing the dot in the secondary logbook, however, it shows up with call sign in primary logbook along with callsign and star ⭐️. Now I have dual entries in both logbooks with the confirmation in the primary.

4. W1DQ

W1DQ Logbook Administrator Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

QRZ did not move a record from one logbook to another, these are two independent records.

The QSO in your K7NWF/QRP Logbook was entered as a K7NWF/QRP QSO; see K7NWF/QRP figure below. In that your worked party has a matching QSO with K7NWF/QRP in its QRZ Logbook, a QRZ confirmation was awarded.

The QSO that appears in your in your K7NWF Logbook is a different QSO. It is a QSO attributed to K7NWF and not K7NWF/QRP. The source of this record is your LoTW account where it was confirmed by LoTW as a QSO with K7NWF and not with K7NWF/QRP, see K7NWF figure below. QRZ provides credit for LoTW confirmed QSOs; inasmuch as the QSO was as confirmed by LoTW it was added to your K7NWF logbook. You need to determine how it got into LoTW as a K7NWF QSO.

Attached Files: