SDRPlay SDR Console v3

Discussion in 'Software Defined Radio (SDR)' started by KF5NAJ, Nov 12, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: l-BCInc
ad: Left-2
  1. KF5NAJ

KF5NAJ Ham Member QRZ Page

I have been using SDRPlay with SDR Console v3 for several weeks with no problem I do have a tendency to explore the options on the different menus. I have lost the frequency displays on the main window and the small display (floating and docked). I do show signals but have lost most of the other button functions. Tried several times to fix the problem with no success. I deleted all the programs and downloads related to both SDRPlay with SDR Console v3 and reinstalled the programs this did not solve the problem. Repeated delete and install several times.
    Installed the software on another computer to make sure the problem was not the SDRPlay or cable problem, worked fine.
    Was careful to uninstall all the programs and reinstall, installing the software from the SDRPlay website

Thank you

2. VE7BPB

VE7BPB Ham Member QRZ Page

Often, when uninstalling Windows programs there will be files left behind related to the settings you were using. When you reinstall the program these file will be used again and you get the old, bad setup again.

The way to fix this is use an uninstaller program that actually looks for and gets rid of everything.

I use a program called Geek Uninstaller. Free, easy to use; look for it with Google. It first uninstalls and then does a look for leftover files and asks if you want get rid of them.

Give it a try.

regards, Roy

3. VE7BPB

VE7BPB Ham Member QRZ Page

The floating frequency display can be turned on and off by clicking on the DSP button up in the toolbar .

regards, Roy

4. KK4NSF

KK4NSF Ham Member QRZ Page

I've not used SDR-Consol, but many programs have a button "restore default settings" that will re-set the radio to it's defaults. That should do it, IF SDR Console has such a button.

5. KF5NAJ

I tried the reset to defaults also plus also the DSP for the display
    Files left behind sounds like a plan, I will try Geek Uninstaller that would explain
    why it does not work when all the visible files have been deleted and new program installed

Thank you for the help, I will let you know

George

6. KF5NAJ

Roy,
    I had already deleted the files the normal way, when I opened the program list with
    Geek Uninstaller they were already gone. Should reinstall and then delete with Geek Uninstaller

7. KF5NAJ

Should reinstall and then delete with Geek Uninstaller

Tried the above and it did not work??

8. KB3UWC

KB3UWC Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Join the SDR console user group on groups io. The guys on there know their stuff. The group owner Simon Brown may chime in with a quick answer. 73 Steve KB3UWC

9. K6CLS

K6CLS Ham Member QRZ Page

The (broken) config is in the windows registry.

10. AA7QQ

AA7QQ Ham Member QRZ Page