SDRplay RSP comparison chart and update on availability

Discussion in 'Software Defined Radio (SDR)' started by G4ABQ, Dec 7, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
  1. K6CLS

K6CLS Ham Member QRZ Page

hi Jon, thank you for your persistence, and elaboration, in this thread. Please consider copying some of the explanation to the SDRPlsy web site.

I installed 2.13 and everything built and installed ... apparently... later I will return to where my RSP is and plug it in. I am sure it will work.

However, this begs the question, if it is not functional, why is version 3 download listed on the website? Or perhaps, please put in big type around it, not ready for prime time, for developers only, etc. I just figured that version 3 is better than version 2, and heck, why not, maybe I'll buy some RSP duals...

a couple other comments:

this is opaque to me, I can't tell the difference. Sorry.

as mentioned above, I and others have had difficulty with the SDRPlay website, the support page, the Captchas, etc... and then no acknowledgement or reply to questions ... consequently you must understand I am reluctant to use the support system, so I greatly appreciate your participation here.

Again, thanks!!
    Cliff

2. G4ABQ

G4ABQ Ham Member QRZ Page

thanks for your inputs Cliff... we have now added "for developers only" against the latest Linux API - plus a blog update: https://www.sdrplay.com/some-guidance-for-linux-and-gnu-radio-users/

3. N0NB

N0NB Ham Member QRZ Page

I about missed this as it appears only on the RSPdx Software page:

Code:
    git clone -b API3+RSPduo https://github.com/fventuri/SoapySDRPlay ./SoapySDRPlay
    With this checkout the module builds fine against the Debian packages for SoapySDR and the latest Git checkout of SoapySDR with API 3.06. I just did it with both this morning.

4. GM6DX

GM6DX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Can anyone advise if one RSPduo can be ran on two separate instances of CW skimmer server? so that 6 bands can be decoded (3 on each instance)?

5. GM6DX

GM6DX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Any help would be great