SDRplay release Scanning Software and more

Discussion in 'Software Defined Radio (SDR)' started by G4ABQ, Mar 14, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: HRDLLC-2
ad: Left-2
ad: L-Geochron
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
  1. WR2E

WR2E Ham Member QRZ Page

not the RSP2 ?

This could sway me too... where's my (xyl's) credit card? o_O

2. W9WQA

W9WQA Ham Member QRZ Page

tried gain, i get 'im not a robot" then re CAPTCHA test. i cant beat it...

3. VA3VF

VA3VF Ham Member QRZ Page

I did not read the software documentation about the RSP2, so I cannot comment on its advantages for this particular use.

I had an RSP1A, but sold it to buy an AirSpy HF+. The AirSpy HF+ was a better option for what I wanted at the time, but I have always maintained that the RSP1A is one of the best buys in the affordable SDR field.

This SA application may make me buy the RSP1A again, and keep the AirSpy HF+ as well.;)

Last edited: Mar 22, 2019
  4. VA3VF

I don't know what to say. I just tried again before writing this, and I get the file download right away, no captcha.

5. WR2E

WR2E Ham Member QRZ Page

I was looking at the AirSpy also... and keep going between that and the RSPx.

Looks like the version 2 can handle multiple antennas, and has provision to lock to a GPS disciplined oscillator. At least as I understand it. Wonder if that's worth the extra $60 USD?

There's also the DUO. I wonder if the new software will run 2 instances, one on each 'slice'?

Which download you guys talking about? I'm not gonna click any them bogus links. I stay far away from anything that smells like facebook.
    @G4ABQ

Last edited: Mar 22, 2019
    N0YPD likes this.
  6. VA3VF

The SA software download, the link I posted earlier.

7. VE7BPB

VE7BPB Ham Member QRZ Page

The RSP2 is superior in every way. The ability to select from three antenna inputs is very useful; HF antenna on the HI-Z or ANT-A input, Bias-T on the ANT-B input to drive your rx preamps on vhf/uhf. And the ability to get 1hz frequency accuracy via an external source, though I have to say that the inherent stability is very good, typically within 3hz on HF.

What's not to like?

regards, Roy

8. WR2E

WR2E Ham Member QRZ Page

The extra $60 USD! You know how cheap hams are! ;) (or so the story is told...)

Is the receiver any different/better? I've just looked at the 1a page again, guess I should compare specs.

I presume that the antenna inputs will automatically switch when you change freq on the screen?
    Can you program that changeover freq? Like say you want it to switch over at 25 MHz for the discone, and below that auto-select the HF antenna...

9. VE3ZYR

VE3ZYR Ham Member QRZ Page

10. W9WQA

W9WQA Ham Member QRZ Page

finally got it . i have that trbl a lot???
    thanks...