ad: wmr-1

SDRplay-awayday - all day live show - Saturday May 16th

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by G4ABQ, May 13, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
  1. G4ABQ

G4ABQ Ham Member QRZ Page

Today, various members of the SDRplay team would have expected to be sitting in airport lounges, laden with carry-on bags bulging with laptops and radio gear. By now, we’d have dropped off our out-sized check-in baggage in the special designated area and be already on our way to Dayton, Ohio. It’s a real pity not to be making the annual pilgrimage to Hamvention where we get to meet our friends and customers.

So this year, for everyone not travelling to Dayton, SDRplay is planning an all day “SDRplay-awayday” this Saturday May 16th, 1400 UTC onwards

Our “SDRplay-awayday” will be an all day series of live streaming YouTube presentations, demos and Q&A sessions. Co-hosted by SDRplay and Katie WY7YL from Ham Radio Outlet, the event kicks off at 1400 UTC this coming Saturday May 16th – feel free to dip in and out through the day. You can add your questions to the ongoing live chat just as you would if you passed by our booth, at the real Hamvention event. We will do our best to line up answers to your questions throughout the day.

There should be something for everyone – from introductory items for newcomers to SDRs, through to in-depth discussions of the latest capabilities of SDRuno V1.4

It’s a great way to introduce your locked-down friends to our amazing hobby. There are so many isolated vulnerable folks out there who might enjoy re-kindling an interest in listening to the airwaves. These are people who wouldn’t have travelled to Hamvention so this is a great opportunity to virtually invite them to our booth – just forward this to them.

Join Katie WY7YL, Jon G4ABQ, Mike KD2KOG, Steve KI5ENW and SDR-play co-founder and software architect Andy online, for this all day event.

This is the YouTube link:

IMPORTANT: In the event of any problems with the link on the day, then alternative link information will be posted live on the SDRplay[​IMG] webinars page: http://www.sdrplay.com/webinars/

W0FW and WY7YL like this.
  2. W0FW

W0FW Ham Member QRZ Page

Can't think of a better way to spend my birthday.....

I have the RSP1 and RSP1a....and enjoy them both. Best money I have spent in this hobby. The RSP1a is currently doing panadapter duty for the Kenwood TS-590SG.

If I had a dollar for every time I've recommended SDRPlay to a fellow ham, I'd have enough money to buy the RSP Duo. :)

Last edited: May 15, 2020
    KX4IG, WY7YL and MW1CFN like this.
  3. MW1CFN

MW1CFN Ham Member QRZ Page

Very good! Happy to report that a Rapsberry Pi 3B+, running the SDRPlay image disk, nicely runs Cubic SDR and routes the audio, 'out of the box' into WSJT-X.

It's quite something to be able to deploy a full SDR receiver from a rucksack and 5V USB handheld battery! No more heavy rig and 12V battery!
    https://mw1cfnradio.blogspot.com/2020/05/west-coast-evening.html

WY7YL likes this.
  4. KA1YBS

KA1YBS XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I love the product. My only gripe is FM Stereo. It's always noisy and un-listenable. I apply attenuation and change a lot of settings and I can't get it right.

I have not asked their support for help, so this weekend will have me "tuning in" and will ask. Otherwise, a FB kit with a generous RX range. (RSP1A)

WY7YL likes this.
  5. MW1CFN

MW1CFN Ham Member QRZ Page

Suspect you could try changing the RF sampling rate, which may be too low.

K9GLS likes this.
  6. K9GLS

K9GLS Guest

Agree 100%. Great computer accessory with a bit of a learning curve.

MW1CFN likes this.
  7. IDEALTELSIZ

IDEALTELSIZ QRZ Member

good thanks for sharing .

8. N7BWB

N7BWB Ham Member QRZ Page

I couldn't be happier with my RSPdx. Great product.

9. KA1YBS

KA1YBS XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I've downloaded the 1.4 beta and can confirm that broadcast FM stereo has been much improved.

The addition of the free spectrum analyzer application is a sweet bonus.

This kit keeps improving all the time, wonderful.