ad: wmr-1

SDRPlay and Linux

Discussion in 'Software Defined Radio (SDR)' started by KC3SWL, Jul 23, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
  1. KA8NCR

KA8NCR Ham Member QRZ Page

This isn't an AppImage version, is it?

2. KC3SWL

KC3SWL XML Subscriber QRZ Page

yeah the one they said could run without all the installing.yep

3. KC3SWL

It was probably built with a different version of libthai among other things.......

4. KA8NCR

KA8NCR Ham Member QRZ Page

Behaves the same way with my work laptop (I should be working, don't judge me). I only managed to get it working properly in Linux (Arch) by compiling every one of its dependencies and the app.

5. KC3SWL

cmake to the rescue !!!! I haven't had too bad of results with Gqrx but I thought it would be nice to have more than one controller...I might try some WINE programs with a simple sdr program see how that pans out.

6. KA2CZU

KA2CZU XML Subscriber QRZ Page

has anyone gotten SDRPlay to run on Debian? I have an RSP1 and tried following the build directions here: http://kb9rlw.blogspot.com/2017/06/step-by-step-install-of-sdrplay-rsp2.html

however am running into some build errors that are way beyond my current level of familiarity to fix. Various parts of SoapySDR{stuff}.o files apparently aren't getting built (lots of warnings, but my old eyes aren't seeing the root error when scanning through things) and when the final executable is to be linked, of course, it errors out...missing some of the objects it needs.

I have captured the output if anyone is inclined to look, but won't post the gory details here.

(edit: haven't compared both, but found this page and am trying to re-attempt the build : https://github.com/cjcliffe/CubicSDR/wiki/Build-Linux)

Last edited: Oct 5, 2019
  7. KA2CZU

well, I'm 0-3 now in different methods

anyone have a suggestion of what will work with an RSP1 and linux, please let me know

8. VE7BPB

VE7BPB Ham Member QRZ Page

Wine and HDSDR? Hehehe...

Geez, no hitting!!

regards, Roy

9. KA2CZU

That went right over my head. But a few quick searches makes it sound intriguing. I'll dig more....

10. N5AVF

N5AVF Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I'm running CubicSDR 0.2.5 on Mint 18.3. I built it from source following the instructions. I remember a few issues with dependencies that needed to be sorted out - unfortunately it was some time ago and I didn't document it. (I know, bad me..)

It works well with the SDRPlay 2. I've never been able to get Gqrx working.

Also, you might give https://skywavelinux.com/ a try. Note: The download .iso for Skywave Linux is a bit dated, YMMV.

KA2CZU likes this.