ad: M2Ant-1

SDR Play with UNO

Discussion in 'Software Defined Radio (SDR)' started by WB4YVO, Jun 10, 2021.

ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: l-BCInc
  1. WB4YVO

WB4YVO Ham Member QRZ Page

Ok installed sdr uno with a RSPDx on a windows 10 laptop.

Works perfect..

But when i installed it on a different windows 10 laptop.. will not rx any signals.. Software runs but NO signals..

So has to be something different with 2nd computer ??? both are windows 10 lap tops the one that works is a Lenovo other is a Getec

No clue... Where to start.

Skip

2. N2DTS

N2DTS Ham Member QRZ Page

Lots of things to check.
    Does the software list the radio in use?
    Did the driver load correctly?
    You do not SEE any signals on the display as well as not hear them?
    Some sound card problems can disable the radio from working and windows has a very screwed up audio system with various
    settings in different parts of software to go through.
    There is device manager for the actual sound card, then the sound settings, then the audio program the laptop maker put on there and other stuff.
    Some programs will not work if you do not plug in speakers, some need the volume settings all the way up, etc.

Don't you just LOVE windoze?

3. KK4NSF

KK4NSF Ham Member QRZ Page

if there are no sig nals on your waterfall, look at the antenna input, and make sure you have selected the antenna that actually has an antenna hooked up to it. It sounds simple, but it does happen

4. WB4YVO

WB4YVO Ham Member QRZ Page

Ok i will have to turn on computer again..

Wait: Ok booting up computer..

Ok now things are working...NO CLUE WHY.. Did not do anything different

Skip

5. NB4R

NB4R Ham Member QRZ Page

I know someone has already mentioned making sure you have the correct antenna selected. I've done that more than once. Other things to check are: Make sure RF gain is adjusted properly; Check and make sure any noise reduction adjustments are correctly adjusted. Adjusted incorrectly and it will wipe out any and all signals.
    If you installed the software and you didn't see any signals when immediately PLAYING the software you may need to open a ticket with SDRplay.com. SDRuno is supposed to work by default after opening and pushing PLAY.

6. N3RYB

N3RYB Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I've seen issues where my SDRPlay Duo needs to have the USB cable pulled after a reboot to reset the device. I'm using it on Linux though through the SoapySDR interface, so YMMV.