SDR Play DX and Yaesu Ftdx-3000 problems

Discussion in 'Software Defined Radio (SDR)' started by KD2TCK, Jan 12, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: QSOToday-1
ad: L-MFJ
  1. N1LOU

N1LOU Ham Member QRZ Page

It would be really good if you took us back to the beginning. describe how your radio, the SDRplay and your PC are connected. Tell us about your antenna set up and the software packages you are using with the hardware. I have virtually the same set up except for an older model SDRplay (RSP1A). I am running win4yaesu, log4om, HDSDR, fldigi and WSJT-X. When I first started out with the RSP1A, every time I transmitted it would knock out my com ports. I added a couple of common mode chokes, and it solved the problem.

But I am also wondering if the software you are using is triggering the MOX (or VOX) function somehow. It might be that your CAT setup is incorrect. There are a lot of things it could be in my mind, so more info is required.

2. KD2KOG

KD2KOG Ham Member QRZ Page

You don't need a TX to GND switch like the 1708 with the 3000. The 3000 already has a protected RX OUT output that can be fed into the RSP's input.

3. KD2TCK

KD2TCK Ham Member QRZ Page

That is how I have it hooked up. Tried everything, factory settings SDRplay recommended settings, rf chokes, on occasion the microphone stays keyed. Sometimes when you tap on the microphone key it will release.

4. HB9PJT

HB9PJT Ham Member QRZ Page

When your Yaesu does not return from TRX it is not an SDRplay problem. So please do not blame there support for not a SDRplay problem.

73, Peter HB9PJT

KD2KOG likes this.
  5. KD2KOG

It's most likely a DTR/RTS setting mismatch. I had this happen when I had the 3000

6. N1NA

N1NA Subscriber QRZ Page

I think I finally am able to wrap my head around this! By using the RX out (or IF out) I would be isolating the SDR from the from the transmitter out??? Am I correct in this or do I have re-bandage my head?
    73, Chuck N1NA

7. KD2KOG

RX out and IF out are both protected isolated outputs.

8. QRZZ

QRZZ QRZ Member

put 10 snap on ferrites on the antenna cable imediatly behind the transceiver, that should attenuate the RFi. if that doesnt solve the problem, then its probably not a RFi issue.
    i read from other guys that had rfi problems with their ftdx3000, that thing is more sensitive towards rfi and needs those ferrites to choke the rfi.