sdr delays

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by KI3U, Nov 12, 2015.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
  1. M0GVZ

M0GVZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Must've been a really bad one if that was the case. The stuff from Flex, Anan, ELAD are measured in tenths of a second.

2. KI3U

KI3U Ham Member QRZ Page

M0GVZ wrote : " Must've been a really bad one if that was the case. The stuff from Flex, Anan, ELAD are measured in tenths of a second. "

It wasn't bad at all. I described the system I used; if you read the description you would have seen that the overall rig is not "bad" compared with something like the equipment list on N8MSA's qrz.com page, but instead it is just primitive, old, and cheap - so what? - it doesn't pretend to be other. That it works as well as it does for the investment is gratifying. Further, I launched this thread with the hope of exploring a general perspective of sdr advances, and insurmountable limitations (the latter illustrated via DDR above). There are insurmountable limitations which no amount of sdr ego flexing can do anything about, unless you want to posit that the sdr's of the future will rely on quantum computing; but that would then demand a really convincing demonstration that quantum computers are properly and only "digital" machines.

Berj / KI3U