SDR apps accelerated for Apple Silicon Macs

Discussion in 'Mac Ham Radio on macOS & iOS' started by N6YWU, Nov 25, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
  1. N6YWU

N6YWU Ham Member QRZ Page

My rtl_tcp SDR app is now accelerated for the new Apple Silicon Macs. Get it from the App Store.

I think this is one of the very first Mac ham radio apps that will run native on the new M1 Macs.
    The native arm64 binary is both faster and uses less power than x86 code on M1 MacBooks.

The app supports direct connection to the openHPSDR Hermes Lite 2 SDR transceiver for CW,
    and also works with rtl_tcp servers for the RTL-SDR, Airspy HF+, and SDRPlay RSP receivers.

If you are getting an M1 Mac or have a Hermes Lite 2 SDR (or other Protocol 1 SDR), email me (email address is on my HotPaw web site). I'm interested in finding more beta testers, and have a few promo codes left for beta testing future updates.

Ron
    n6ywu

K6CLS likes this.
  2. K3DCW

K3DCW QRZ Lifetime Member #212 Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Thanks for your efforts, Ron.

I have a M1 Mac Mini on order and am looking forward to getting my hands on it to play with. When it arrives in about 3 weeks, I'll reach out to see if you still need beta testers.

3. N2DTS

N2DTS Ham Member QRZ Page

Got any screen shots?
    I have a new mini, my first mac, and need to learn how it works....

4. N6YWU

N6YWU Ham Member QRZ Page

None for the HL2. Just a basic ones for using an RTL-SDR dongle (used by the vast majority of customers for my app).
    https://apps.apple.com/us/app/rtl-tcp-sdr/id1483533572?ls=1
    https://apps.apple.com/us/app/rtl-tcp-sdr/id1351164646?ls=1
    I wedged some basic support for the HL2 into my RTL-SDR receiver app to help get more user feedback.
    To anyone active on this site who has a Hermes Lite 2, email me, I have a limited number of promo codes to give away to HL2 users. (A Promo codes will allow you download my app from Apple's Mac App Store for free).