Scott Malcolm (MTS): Five *s (or whatever the maximum is)

Discussion in 'Ham to Ham References' started by K7KVH, Feb 25, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: Subscribe
  1. K7KVH

K7KVH Ham Member QRZ Page

Not sure if this is the right place to do this, but I wanted to give a very favorable nod to Scott Malcolm of MTS.
    Notwithstanding the outstanding reviews others have posted regarding Scott and his work, I was afraid my IC-746 was done for after the "repair" I performed on it. I described my problem to him via email, and he responded optimistically. Once I finally got the radio to him, he repaired it and sent it back within 10 days, and I am pleased with the price. I would not hesitate to recommend him to anyone.

KT5OT likes this.
  2. KG7AQN

KG7AQN Ham Member QRZ Page

well i would...he charged me 150 bucks for nothing..said he changed a coil (he didnt) said the radio was fixed (it wasnt) i ended up taking it somewhere else ..they said power switch needed replaced (radio would turn on but lights were very dim and no power..it was intermittent )
    so what he did spray the power switch with contact cleaner and charged me 150 plus the shipping and said he had to change some coil...that would of been fine except cleaning wasnt enough and didnt last and told on him..glad you had a good experience tho