Scamming K9BOJ

Discussion in 'Stolen Radios, Scams and Rip-Offs' started by K9BOJ, Sep 17, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: l-assoc
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
  1. K9BOJ

K9BOJ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Apparently someone is scamming myself and my buyers.
    I have several items for sale on QRZ and QTH

This scammer creates an email address similar to mine and then begins an email conversation with the new buyer. He instucts them to senf a PayPal payment to the false adress. When received he then apparently deletes the account. I am told by the victim that PayPal is investigating.

My email is pchummel@gmail.com..... the FALSE ADRESS is pchuummel@gmail.com (Note the double u.)

Here's what we need to do if you are buying any K9BOJ Items.

1- Communicate as normal on email...
    2- I will create a secure link to my account with a certain "code" you provide me. (Any combination of numbers and letters)
    3- I will then send you a secure Link for PayPal containing that code. ONLY respond for Payment to this link.

CHECK the SPELLING of all destinations addressing. One letter off can capture your payment!!!!

I trust this will help us to avoid this scammer who is pretending to be me.

Anothe email he had been using is nunnu@nunnuk.com.

Take care and look out for this dishonest jerk!

73, K9BOJ

2. N7FX

N7FX Ham Member QRZ Page

nunnu@nunnuk.com is the PayPal address of the scammer posing as K9BOJ. Do not send any payments to this address.

3. WR2E

WR2E Ham Member QRZ Page

I would also recommend that you put some information in your QRZ BIO at the top of the page as well. Maybe post a link to this thread for instructions.

4. K9BOJ

K9BOJ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Good idea, but I intend to change the link for each sale. Doesn't matter to me who sends the payment, but it is likely each buyer will be more comfortable with a link that is unique to the buyer.

5. N6QIC

N6QIC Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Yes I agree, you need to ad the information to your bio page as suggested by Jeff WR2E. This should be one of the first things that you do to help solve the problem.

Please look at the bio page below for an example.
    https://www.qrz.com/db/W8BUX

73, Lisa

6. KD2DYG

KD2DYG Ham Member QRZ Page

I got one last night from nunnu @ nunnuk.com claiming to be a ham in Virginia AG4GL. I cannot upload picture but he said he saw my post here.

I’m never going to get a decent first HF rig, haha

Scott
    KD2DYG

7. WA2BFW

WA2BFW Ham Member QRZ Page

This is interesting. I have been supposedly emailing AG4GL about purchasing a radio and he wanted me to send the money to his sister in NE. At first he only would accept a USPS MO. But since it has taken me a couple of days to get to the postoffice, he just provided the nunnu email address for a PayPal payment..
    The name of the ham in the email matches the qrz page but interestingly the qrz page does not include an email address. which means it could be anyone posing as AG4GL.

8. WA2BFW

WA2BFW Ham Member QRZ Page

Here is the person and address he requested the money order be sent to,
    MO should be made payable to my sister Erika Jean Moreno here is her address 951 Iowa Ave #3, Blair NE 68008 as soon as I confirm payment I will ship thanks.

9. KD2DYG

KD2DYG Ham Member QRZ Page

Was it the 857D and tuner? That's what he tried to sell me using same call sign. I have a screen shot but it says it's to large. I seen on paypal it said money would be in euro's if I sent. Huge red flag but I searched paypal address he gave me and sure enough scam alert.

10. KA2FIR

KA2FIR Ham Member QRZ Page

Someone nearby should goto that address and ask to see the 857.