Scamming a Nigerian Scammer

Discussion in 'Stolen Radios, Scams and Rip-Offs' started by WY4J, Aug 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: DLSpec-1
ad: Left-3
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
  1. AB7CC

AB7CC Ham Member QRZ Page

I just made a post wanting to buy a TM=631A or 632A but I ment to post a TM-641A or 642A and I just got a reply from "Jack G4JFS <g4jfs@yahoo.com>"telling me he has a TM-6312A for sale and when I told him that I had ment to posta TM741A and that I was sorry for the mistake he told me he had a TM-741A so I asked about the TM-6312A and he told me he had both, which one would I like to purchase for $570 USD shipped.
    Gee! I wonder which one I should buy since he says they are both tri-band radios 144/220/440 MHz. any sugestions?

2. KC0BIN

KC0BIN Ham Member QRZ Page

Jack must sit right next to "David Allen":

Hello.

I saw your post for Kenwood Th-22, TH-78, TH-79 or Standard C558A
    HT'sso i decided to contact you as i still have one in good to
    excellent shape and condition. Let me know if you still interested.

Thanks,

David Allen.
    Callsign:G6FDS

Four rigs in one! By Gosh how can I turn that one down?! I'd love to see how Ed would play this out!!

3. K7POC

K7POC Ham Member QRZ Page

Good grief that was funny! Glad I finally read this thread. Next time I get a scammer on the line I won't get upset I'll just have some fun!

4. KK4HGY

KK4HGY Ham Member QRZ Page

LOL. Good show. You get him hook, line and sinker.

5. W7KEY

W7KEY XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I just purchased, I think, something from Jack Fitzsimons who also answered my wanted ad on qrz.com. He insisted that I pay through Western Union. The merchandise never arrived. Careful. It may still show up but I think I was taken for 200 dollars.

Ted w7key

6. AB7CC

AB7CC Ham Member QRZ Page

What did you buy from this guy? I was lucky that he is not a ham or he might have known that the VHF and UHF bands are different for the USA. He didn't know it and since I was wanting a Kenwood TM-742A tri-bander and he didn't even get the model right because there is no TM-6312A. I also got a message from a man claiming to be ON8DU but ON8DU is aware on some one using his call and posted the information about the scam and even gave a word for word description of what the scammer puts in his emails. I have erased his email or I would have posted it here too.

7. AE2S

AE2S QRZ Lifetime Member #101 Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Absolutely Classic... Thank you General Lee!! The South has risen to the occasion! ;P

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.