scammers , thiefs  and mail fraud

Discussion in 'Community Help Center' started by kc2obv, Oct 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
  1. kc2obv

kc2obv Ham Member QRZ Page

I SEE ALOT OF PEOPLE COMPLAIN THAT THEY GET BEAT ON A DEAL IN QRZ OR ANYWHERE IN THE NET E BAY ETC.

THERE IS A SOLUTION AND IT WORKS.
    IF YOU COMPLETE A TRANSACTION ON LINE IT FALLS UNDER THE JURISDICTION OF THE POSTAL INSPECTORS OFFICE.
    THEREFORE IF THE PARTY YOU DEALT WITH FAILS TO SEND YOU AN ITEM YOU PURCHASED THIS CONSTITUTES MAIL FRAUD.
    YOU CAN CONTACT THE POSTAL SERVICE ON LINE AND GIVE THEM ALL THE INFO AND THE DISHONEST SELLER
    WILL GET A LOVELY LETTER FROM THE USP INSP TO RESOLVE THE PROBLEM OR ENFORCEMENT WILL BEGIN.
    DO IT I HAVE AND IT WORKS. DONT LET THESE PEOPLE
    CONTINUE TO BEAT OTHER PERSONS

2. W0LC

W0LC Ham Member QRZ Page

Kinda like the support we amateurs get from the Feds on K1MAN and KG6IRO (ex)?

The postal system does work the issue, but incredibly slow. Afterall, it isn't their money that is at stake. I have had little to no help from the USPS or the IFCC for that matter. But, it is always worth a try.

From now on, I hold the item until the funds clear. Period.

3. N9APE

N9APE Ham Member QRZ Page

From now on, I hold the item until the funds clear.  Period.

That's fine if you're the seller - I would encourage anyone selling to do this.  If you're the buyer, however, you can only trust that the person you sent the payment to will actually provide you the equipment you paid for.

D.C. Ofstein - KC9IFQ

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.