Scammer using my call sign KB3DHZ

Discussion in 'Stolen Radios, Scams and Rip-Offs' started by KB3DHZ, Dec 2, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: l-assoc
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. KB3DHZ

KB3DHZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Some one is posing as me offering equipment for sale. He already duped one person and tried to dupe another. Please do not send him any more money! I have nothing for sale and will not contact you offering items for sale.

Thanks!
    Joe
    KB3DHZ

2. AJ4GQ

AJ4GQ Ham Member QRZ Page

The scammer picked your callsign because there is no public email on your QRZ callsign page. Also wouldn't hurt to put a disclaimer on your bio page.

3. KP4SX

KP4SX Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

You should add an email address on your qrz page so that people have the option of contacting you. Scammers ALWAYS choose callsigns without an email address because they can't be verified.

4. AJ4GQ

AJ4GQ Ham Member QRZ Page

We can try, but we just can't help some people. Still no email or disclaimer on his account. Back in the olden days when I was serving a stint as a teaching assistant, my Professor once said, " You can't teach a pig to sing. It annoys the pig and wastes your time." How true!

5. KP4SX

KP4SX Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Why, KB3DHZ, why? Without any action on your part you remain as bait for scammers stealing your ID to the detriment of all of us.

6. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

Then you should know it is a scam.

Not everyone uses QRZ.

N6QIC likes this.