SCAMMER using KC9OET callsign

Discussion in 'Stolen Radios, Scams and Rip-Offs' started by K3BF, Jun 3, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
  1. K3BF

K3BF Ham Member QRZ Page

Lookout for an Icom 7851 and a pair of matching SP-34 speakers being put up for sale by KC9OET. A scammer is using that callsign. He got a full set of photoos of my station while posing as a serious buyer.

Dr Bruce Felder, K3BF
    Pensacola, FL

KS4AA, N2AMM and W1TRY like this.
  2. NZ4X

NZ4X XML Subscriber QRZ Page

The mods are on top of this Bruce. (Above post)

3. W7ESR

W7ESR Ham Member QRZ Page

Also tried to sell me a Flex 6300...

4. NH7R

NH7R Ham Member QRZ Page

RE: KC9OET scammer:

I sent a legitimate seller a reply on one listed on QRZ swap yesterday (which I bought), and scammer boy sent me an email....

Then tried to sell me an ALS-500MR today for $600, I played him along but it was easily apparent this person IS a SCAMMER! He
    sent me his PayPal ID:
    ylouise54@gmail.com

BEWARE!

de Tommy NH7R 9/8/2019

5. W4SOU

W4SOU Ham Member QRZ Page

KC9OET tried to scam me last week, in a wanted ad. Gave me one paypal address then changed mind to send to another address. Look out for this individual!!!

6. W6PCY

W6PCY Ham Member QRZ Page

I just got scammed by this guy. He is now using the N7ESU callsign. Luckily I used PayPal goods and services so hopefully I can get a refund....after 30 days...

7. KS4AA

KS4AA Ham Member QRZ Page

He almost got me too!! Replied to my WTB ad on eHam. Said he had a K3/0 mini for $430. I offered $380. He accepted. I then did a search on the call before sending Paypal payment to ylouise54@gmail and found your comment. THANK YOU!!!

8. KA2FIR

KA2FIR Ham Member QRZ Page

Your email address is published in your QRZ bio making it WORLD-READABLE. Only users logged in can see your email/mailing address in your QRZ callsign data.

Excellent that you did your due diligence before sending payment!

Last edited: Sep 13, 2019
  9. AJ4GQ

AJ4GQ Ham Member QRZ Page

That's also his PayPal account. Really living dangerously.

KA2FIR likes this.
  10. N7ESU

N7ESU XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I cant believe this, after all the hassle of me being hacked with somebody using my call sign, I just got a e-mail from somebody using KC9OET wanting to buy something from me (which I am not selling anything) and wants me to click on a link to see what it is, which I am not doing....I think this guy has to much time on his hands and needs to be......

WR2E likes this.