Scammer using KB2WYL

Discussion in 'Stolen Radios, Scams and Rip-Offs' started by KB2WYL, Jan 4, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: l-assoc
  1. KB2WYL

KB2WYL Ham Member QRZ Page

so just great, some moron is using my call. Please don’t reply to KB2WYL and some numbers and outlook.com. Apparently he has learned how to spoof my email so it will look like it came from me at kb2wyl @GMAIL, which is mine. Bet he can’t spoof my phone number. If you get any messages saying it’s me, feel free to and please do call. 707-617-0613, anytime. Thanks all and 73

Loren R Coty (for real though ha ha)

2. N6QIC

N6QIC Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Put a warning message in your bio page. This should stop most of the scams using your call sign.

For an example of warning messages.Se post #4 in the thread below.
    https://forums.qrz.com/index.php?threads/scam-alert-homero-lozano-ab5hl.587581/

3. W7FED

W7FED Platinum Subscriber Life Member Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I got an email from him this morning.
    He is using KB2WYL002@gmail.com.
    I sent you an alert to your real email as it looked fishy to me.
    Everyone needs to insure any emails with offers for something that was posted in the QRZ swapmeet is indeed that individual.
    First, look up the email address listed on QRZ, then Google the callsign.
    Look for the real email address in posts from that callsign and if you notice the email address you received is different, REPORT IT IMMEDIATELY!

4. W7FED

W7FED Platinum Subscriber Life Member Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Loren,
    Suggestion: Update your QRZ profile with your email address so everyone knows what your real email address is.
    I think this guy is targeting everyone who doesn't have an email listed on their QRZ profile!

5. VA2JN

VA2JN XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Today i received this email

Flex radio 6700

Loren R Coty <kb2wyl002@gmail.com>
    Aujourd’hui, 08:52
    Jean D (va2jn@outlook.com)

I have for sale a flex radio 6700 transceiver in a perfect working condition. Comes with mic , shipping box , manual , power cable . Asking $4,800 shipped. Let me know if you are interested.

---------------------------------------------------------------
    it's really important to do a search on all the sellers who contact you

Thank's Loren for your warning

6. N0JEP

N0JEP Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I got an email about a radio I was looking for. Sounded like a scam. I assume this is not you? Loren R Coty <kb2wyl002@gmail.com>

7. AA7BQ

AA7BQ QRZ Founder Administrator QRZ Page

And that's why we don't really like "WANTED" ads on QRZ. 99% of them get scammed. You're basically saying "I have money and am eager to spend it". It's a crook's dream to have a motivated mark to pursue.

N6QIC likes this.
  8. PA3EKE

PA3EKE Ham Member QRZ Page

It seems i am a victim. Put a " wanted" ad here on QRZ for a NWdigital ThumbDV. After my PayPal paying of 105 dollar i got no single respons on the mail where i asked for shipping info.
    I have his paypal gmail adres. But will not publish it here before i have a confirmation of the dispute I openend by PayPal.
    The adres he uses as reply on my QRZ AD was: kb2wyl002@gmail.com

9. VA2JN

VA2JN XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Yes i know this adress by outlook

Last edited: Jan 10, 2018
  10. WX6B

WX6B Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I just got nailed for $905.00 for a IC375A. Man I feel stupid. Got my money and I got bent over. Is there any recourse from PayPal? I started a resolution but I have a bad feeling. Loren needs to post something on his qrz page to stop this.
    I might have been saved. Any ideas to help me? Thanks. WX6B. Bill Santa Rosa CA