ad: NI4L-2

Scammer using kb2wyl callsign

Discussion in 'Stolen Radios, Scams and Rip-Offs' started by W8LAS, Jan 6, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: l-assoc
  1. W8LAS

W8LAS Subscriber QRZ Page

Here is the latest email that I sent back.

I will send paypal to kb2wyl@gmail.com.
    Please advise when shipped.

No reply as of yet.

Beware any posting that is from kb2wyl002@gmail.com. Took me a while to find the real person in a post that was also listed in this forum.

I posted an ad looking for a Palstar or Kessler AT-auto tuner and received a response from the above email address. The real person has listed his phone number and can be called to verify identity.The real kb2wyl has never had a Flex 6700 or the Palstar tuner. The emails are as follows (most recent at the top):

Hi Larry,

I had it hooked up to my Flex 6700 . The radio got sold 2 weeks ago and this have to go . What is your shipping address? I accept PayPal.
    Thanks,

On Sun, 7 Jan 2018 at 12:01 AM Larry Stuck <stuckl3558@i2k.com> wrote:
    Thanks for the pics. I am very interested. Why are you selling it.

Sent: Saturday, January 6, 2018 5:45 PM
    To: Larry Stuck
    Subject: Re: Palstar at auto tuner

Hi Larry,

The tuner works perfectly with no issue or scratches from a non smoking home. The firmware version is 2.14 and have a power handling of 1500 watt . Yes it comes with Power cord with Anderson PowerPole connector and all original accessories . It's about 2 years old and I'm the original owner.
    Never been back to Kessler for check out . I accept PayPal. What is your complete shipping address? I will ship through FedEx ground as that is easier for me.
    Thanks,

On Sat, 6 Jan 2018 at 11:22 PM Larry Stuck <stuckl3558@i2k.com> wrote:
    I am, but I would like to see some pictures, including serial number and a little about the history. How old is it? What firmare version is it running? Are you the original owner? Non Smoker? Do you have the cables that are for Kenwood, Yaesu and Icom? Firmware download cable? Has it been back to Kessler for check out? Payment options?

Thanks

Larry W8LAS

Sent: Saturday, January 6, 2018 4:00 PM
    To: stuckl3558@i2k.com
    Subject: Palstar at auto tuner

I have for sale a Palstar at auto tuner in a perfect working condition. Comes with manual , shipping box , power cord . Asking $700 shipped. Let me know if you are interested.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2018