SCAMMER reported to be KM4AVY using email of km4avy@gmail.com

Discussion in 'Stolen Radios, Scams and Rip-Offs' started by KM4AVY, Jul 13, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: l-gcopper
ad: K3QNTad-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-rfparts
  1. KM4AVY

KM4AVY Ham Member QRZ Page

Greetings,

This is the real KM4AVY. There is a person contacting people using my call sign, KM4AVY and a false email of km4avy@gmail.com attempting to sell them radios. He then gets the money from them and gives them my actual home address to come pick the equipment up. I have had one person figure it out and email first at my actual email that is on QRZ and I just had a guy come to my house asking my wife for the "radio" that this person sold them and drove quit a ways to get it. Don Ross, NL7CO, was the last victim on this and I am so sorry that you had this happen. Everyone please be aware of this person and don't fall for it. Please email me from the email on qrz if there are any questions

2. WB2LBV

WB2LBV Ham Member QRZ Page

There is no email listed on your QRZ page-

3. AJ4GQ

AJ4GQ Ham Member QRZ Page

I just looked and your public email is NOT on your QRZ page. That's why the scammer targeted your callsign.

4. KM4AVY

Wonder how someone contacted me then about this scam via email if I never had any previous contact with them?

5. KB3VWG

KB3VWG Ham Member QRZ Page

KM4AVY,

Yea, I would suggest adding your real email to your profile. You may also wish to place this information regarding the ongoing scam on your profile.

73 my brother:.

KB3VWG

6. AJ4GQ

AJ4GQ Ham Member QRZ Page

Now it's on. Thanks!

7. KM4AVY

Thanks Brother, I will add the scam to my page as well. Thanks to all for the help....73s

8. KW4GT

KW4GT Ham Member QRZ Page

Hmmmm..... I avoid posting my email address publicly because doing so opens me up to untold spam. Interesting that a scammer would be able to exploit that.

9. WB2LBV

WB2LBV Ham Member QRZ Page

If you put your email address on your QRZ page it can only be seen by members who are logged in. Spammers and scammers just scanning the forums won't be able to see it. It's only public if you include it in a forum post.

AJ4GQ likes this.
  10. VE2AIU

VE2AIU Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi I got duped by that dirtbag posing as Carl, He contacted me to sell a FT-290R Mk2 which never materialized he took my cash and ran, luckily I used PayPal in which I'm going to contact and see what can be done.

Alex VE2AIU