ad: AlphaRF-1

Scammer posing as me...KP2L...he sends un-solicited emails. BEWARE

Discussion in 'Stolen Radios, Scams and Rip-Offs' started by KP2L, Aug 24, 2016.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: Subscribe
  1. G7UVD

G7UVD Ham Member QRZ Page

I've also heard from this person calling himself Carl, email address....
    cwjuvrud@gmail.com......says he as a Yaesu FTM-350 for sale at 345US dollars with delivery included!!! Very suspect as cheap price and delivery included!!! I think I'll pass on this one...lol!!! Saying his callsign is...W2PL...I don't think so!....cul....73

2. KP4SX

KP4SX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Interesting. There's a Jalla Davidson in Ghana that likes hacking and tech things.
    http://jallastech.blogspot.com/

3. K6ADG

K6ADG Ham Member QRZ Page

Jalla Davidson is a clever young fellow in Nigeria (whodda thunk), but thanks to the comments in this forum , I was able to put together a
    case to Paypal to quickly get my $$ back. The community works!!!

4. N3BUD

N3BUD XML Subscriber QRZ Page

5. KP4SX

KP4SX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Great, glad it worked out. (and sri I said Ghana :( )

6. K6ADG

K6ADG Ham Member QRZ Page

No problem...actually, most of the folks in Ghana are really OK. Nigeria's been turned into an African Russia!

7. K8AC

K8AC XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Here we are, November 4, and the guy is still sending out emails using your name and call. As someone else suggested, all you have to do to put this to bed is to put an email address on your QRZ.com entry. Until you do that, everyone will continue to view you as not very smart.

8. N4UW

N4UW Ham Member QRZ Page

This is an excellent idea. I just added such a statement to my page. Any step we can take to help stamp out this scourge is worth the time and effort if it will prevent just one scam. Thanks for posting this suggestion.

9. W4GPL

W4GPL Ham Member QRZ Page

10. W4GPL

W4GPL Ham Member QRZ Page

I was able to bait the scammer - they want a money order in the name of Adelina Diaz -- 222 Alantic Ave PO Box 125 Kandiyohi, MN 56251.

Please beware. I have contacted local authorities in my home town, in Kandiyohi, MN, and the Postmaster...