ad: k1jek

Scammer posing as me...KP2L...he sends un-solicited emails. BEWARE

Discussion in 'Stolen Radios, Scams and Rip-Offs' started by KP2L, Aug 24, 2016.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. KP2L

KP2L XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Someone is posing as me using a very similar email address to mine. I do not currently have any ads on the forum. He sends UN-SOLICITED EMAILS . BEWARE

2. WR2E

WR2E Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi Carl, sorry to hear your trouble...

How would we know that it's similar? You don't have an email address associated with your QRZ page! If you DID, and a scammer posing as you were to email me with an offer, I could check the REAL email address and see it's different and be warned that something might be up.

Why not put your email address on your qrz page?

KB0HVB likes this.
  3. KC7KUO

KC7KUO Ham Member QRZ Page

Yep, I think I heard from this character. Hope somebody catches him and uses him for an antenna, a very hot antenna.

4. OE5IIO

OE5IIO Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi Carl,
    I was yesterday a Ten Tec Orion offered with your call sign, with pictures from a past E auction

vy 73 Robert

5. WR2E

WR2E Ham Member QRZ Page

I guess some don't see the logic in placing an email address on their QRZ page. Oh well...

OE5IIO likes this.
  6. K6ADG

K6ADG Ham Member QRZ Page

Jalla Davidson took the PayPal payment I sent to Carl Juvruds e-mail (Juvrud32@gmail.com) for a
    Drake 2-NT. It looked authentic. This all started three days ago based on a "wanted" I put in the QRZ swap.
    Pictures, commentary and the whole sorry tale.........I'll see if PayPal can do anything. 8^(

Alan/K6ADG

PS: the e-mail address in the solicitation message was cwjuvrud@gmail.com, the e-mail above may have been changed by the QRZ editing system

7. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

You should not need to do that. Some do not want spam, and hover to see address is a bit of a joke.

I have had scammers contact me using my QRZ address.

Having a listed address can be as bad as good. :eek:

If you do not know for sure enough real who you are dealing with, Fold your cards.

Do not blame QRZ because you got scammed.

8. WR2E

WR2E Ham Member QRZ Page

In a perfect world, no.

I have gotten next to zero spam on the email i have listed, so IMHO it's a non issue. In fact, I cant say that I've gotten ANY because of it.

The few scammers that have contacted me have been because I asked a question about an item listed for sale and are easily dealt with by the delete button.

There's plenty of 'throw away' email addresses that can be used if one is concerned about that.

Placing an email address on your page adds a layer of authentication. It doesn't make sense to NOT add an email address.

9. KF5QZM

KF5QZM Ham Member QRZ Page

You might also put on your QRZ page that you have nothing for sale. That is where people are going to look. If you do put something up for sale later, remember to change it.

KM4MIS and KA9JLM like this.
  10. G7UVD

G7UVD Ham Member QRZ Page

I've had a direct email from cwjuvrud@gmail.com Carl! As above I'm very very Suspicious as no callsign or whatever! Mentions he as a Yaesu FTM-350 for sale at 345US dollars!!! Mmm! Pass I think!!!