Scammer Posing as KE4OTT

Discussion in 'Stolen Radios, Scams and Rip-Offs' started by KB3GWQ, Oct 8, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-rfparts
ad: K3QNTad-1
ad: l-gcopper
ad: Subscribe
  1. KB3GWQ

KB3GWQ Ham Member QRZ Page

I responded to PURCHASING an Icom IC-746PRO in a legitimate thread this week (see my previous thread about Michael Mariani in Scammer section) and got another fake email this time pretending to be KE4OTT from ke4ott@gmail.com:

These scammers are now looking at qrz profiles that have NO email address registered with their profile. He also sent me a picture of a dirty Icom IC-746, not a PRO. Noticed he mentioned buying an antenna, then discusses a radio instead.

The pictures (attached) do not seem to show up on a google images reverse image search, but using IrfanView you can view the EXIF comment data and it mentions "Processed By eBay with ImageMagick, z1.1.0. ||B2" so these are pictures that were ripped from old ebay auctions.

s-l67.jpg
    s-l153.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg

2. KD4MOJ

KD4MOJ Database Subscriber QRZ Page

Good find on the EXIF. Firefox has a plugin that I use that shows the same thing.

...DOUG
    KD4MOJ

KF5RRF likes this.
  3. KB3GWQ

4. KB3GWQ

I sent this:
    And naturally, I received this as a reply:
    Again a money order to a sister. I don't know where to report this, but I am willing to report it as fraud to the proper authorities if someone can tell me where to do so.

5. WB2LBV

WB2LBV Ham Member QRZ Page