Scammer posing as K8MSH

Discussion in 'Stolen Radios, Scams and Rip-Offs' started by K8MSH, Jan 17, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: DLSpec-1
ad: Left-3
  1. K8MSH

K8MSH XML Subscriber QRZ Page

A scammer is out there posing as me. I've posted some emails below that the scammer has sent (thanks to some alert hams).

Scammer has been using the email: k8mshmark@gmail.com The Paypal account used by the scammer is: flores.c.anita@gmail.com The ad text and pictures in the emails were copied and altered from a legitimate QRZ listing by Scott N7LRA: https://forums.qrz.com/index.php?th...tellite-rotator-and-amsat-lvb-tracker.611486/

My correct email is on my QRZ page, and I only list equipment for sale on public sites like QRZ, QTH, etc. I do not solicit sales by email. . . and no, I'm not selling a YAESU G-5500 Azimuth / Elevation Rotator.

------------

Date: 1/10/19 4:44 AM (GMT+00:00)

To: XXXX@aol.com

Subject: Yaesu G-5500 Rotor

YAESU G-5500 Azimuth / Elevation Rotator. Installed for 6 months, then stored. Worked perfectly when removed from service. Controller is in excellent condition; azimuth and elevation rotators are in good working order, but cosmetically I rate these a 8-9 of 10 due to 6 months outdoor exposure. Includes one (1) mast clamp assembly and hardware.

ALSO INCLUDED IN THIS PACKAGE: AMSAT LVB azimuth / elevation controller with digital readout. This unit was assembled by AMSAT, not kit-built. Unit plugs directly into back of Yaesu G-5500 controller, requires no separate power source, and has USB interface for use with PC satellite tracking programs.

Selling as package only – will not separate rotator and LVB Tracker. $500 including UPS ground shipping. (Selling due to unforeseen renovation expenses.)thanks and 73
    K8MSH MARK

To: XXXX@aol.com
    Sent: 1/11/2019 5:51:25 PM GMT Standard Time
    Subject: Re: Yaesu G-5500 Rotor

Hello XXXXX, tried writing you the invoice but it's not going through, here's paypal flores.c.anita@gmail.com I'll ship via UPS, I'll be needing your shipping address..thanks

Last edited: Jan 17, 2019