SCAMMER N3ER being used to scam...

Discussion in 'Stolen Radios, Scams and Rip-Offs' started by KZ4P, Feb 17, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: DLSpec-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
  1. KZ4P

KZ4P XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Recieved email from Dennis A Yao N3ER

N3ER
    For sale 2 month old Icom IC-7300 that has not been around tobacco smoke, in as new condition, comes with every thing it came with new plus a 32 gig SD card and Nifty Mini-Manual. I have enjoyed playing with it and now its time for someone else to play with it. The manual has not been out of it's bag. Have a printed copy I have been using and will be included. Will sell for $700 plus some help on shipping,thanks for looking

N3ER DENNIS

This person cannot spell! I called N#ER at home and the woman who answered asked him, he's not selling anything. Also, her attitude was kinda nasty because she was bothered...

VA7UO and KJ4POM like this.
  2. AJ4GQ

AJ4GQ Ham Member QRZ Page

It looks like you were targeted by the scammer because you responded by posting your questions to ads for a 7300, instead of following the sellers' contact instructions to use email or the telephone. That behaviour seems to attract scammers because they think they've found an easy mark. You proved them wrong, of course, but others have actually sent money.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2019