SCAMMER lawrencek1dpd@gmail.com

Discussion in 'Stolen Radios, Scams and Rip-Offs' started by KI7OJK, Dec 9, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: Left-2
  1. KI7OJK

KI7OJK Ham Member QRZ Page

Just received an email from Lawrence T Bartlett,jr <lawrencek1dpd@gmail.com> offering to sell me an item, claiming to be K1DPD, who is a silent key according to QRZ and the FCC.

W1TRY likes this.
  2. W7UUU

W7UUU QRZ Lifetime Member #133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

This appears to be the SECOND report of someone using K1DPD to try to dupe a buyer...

BE CAREFUL folks.

Dave
    W7UUU

3. WA2FSO

WA2FSO Ham Member QRZ Page

look at my post, Silent Key

4. AJ4GQ

AJ4GQ Ham Member QRZ Page

They tend not to be the sharpest knives in the drawer.

5. KI7OJK

KI7OJK Ham Member QRZ Page

Especially when they keep replying to emails about "their item", and not bothering to look back here to see if we're on to them... I'll get as much info as I can out of him.

6. WB2WIK

WB2WIK Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

See if you can retrieve his IP address. There are various ways to do this, but in Outlook or Office365:

Procedure to View Full Message Headers

1. Double-click the email message to display it in its own full window.
    2. Select “File” > “Properties”
    3. The Properties window is displayed. View the message header in the “Internet headers” field at the bottom of the window.

Then, send the entire header to the law enforcement agency local to his claimed location as well as DHS and FBI who have their own departments specializing in this:

https://www.fbi.gov/investigate/cyber
    https://www.dhs.gov/cisa/combating-cyber-crime

These people won't stop unless we help stop them.

K3RW and KB3VWG like this.
  7. N6QIC

N6QIC Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

The K1DPD account is not set to "silent Key".
    When an account is set to silent key the call sign will be gray and the account will be disabled.

If the owner of the account is in fact a silent key, it will need to be reported to the support center to be set to "silent Key".

73, Lisa

help1.jpg

8. KT1F

KT1F Ham Member QRZ Page

That is not possible if he is sending from Gmail or most other free webmail services. The headers don't contain the originator's IP address.