ad: w5yi

Scammer? KT5OT John Sickles Ft Smith AR

Discussion in 'Stolen Radios, Scams and Rip-Offs' started by K7JOE, May 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: l-BCInc
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: l-assoc
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
  1. K7JOE

K7JOE Ham Member QRZ Page

I recently sold 2 Kenwood meter sensors to John Sickles, KT5OT for $100 via QRZ. 2 perfectly working sensors. He is claiming they do not work and wants $50 (half the price) back and wants to keep the two sensors.

If these were legitimately damaged, any "normal" person would simply send the items back for a full refund. I suspect his is scamming me and apparently has scammed others with parts-swapping and partial refund / keeping the item type of behavior. At minimum he is negotiating a "price" after the fact.

Avoid KT5OT, John Sickles in Fort Smith Arkansas. He claims to run a business Ham Radio Parts. I am not the only one he has tried to scam with this tactic.

See this thread on QRZ for more details: https://forums.qrz.com/index.php?threads/buyer-wants-full-partial-refund-and.596793/page-5

I am requesting the original items back and gladly give a full refund, rather than a partial refund and he keep the items. I have micro-dotted the circuit boards of the sensors and will report here if the sensor board or entire sensor was "swapped out" .

Stay tuned...

KL5A and KX4IK like this.
  2. KT5OT

KT5OT Ham Member QRZ Page

hows them microdots working for you now GOOD BUDDY!

3. K7JOE

K7JOE Ham Member QRZ Page

Funny you mention it.

I received a package that was not addressed to me but came from you as your “ham radio parts business”. Is this the way you behave when caught ? Your lack of maturity knows no bounds.

I’d guess your days as a ham trader are numbered. At least here on QRZ ..

But do tell us John, as a 55 year old, how many other hams have you attempted to scam with your immature tricks?

You should know better ...You’re busted, admit you’re not ham quality and move on to another hobby and message board .... I also sent these details to PayPal so hopefully they can shut you down.

Ps. using the US mail fraudulently is also a crime.

Attached Files:

4. KP4SX

KP4SX Subscriber QRZ Page

WOW :(

KL7KN, KB4QAA and WE4B like this.
  5. KD8DEY

KD8DEY Ham Member QRZ Page

Definitely not somebody I would want to consider dealing with.....
    Ymmv

KB4QAA likes this.
  6. KT5OT

KT5OT Ham Member QRZ Page

oh im soo scared,you got what you deserved trying to scam me in the first place selling burnt up parts!

7. W7UUU

W7UUU QRZ Lifetime Member #133 Life Member Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

That just takes the cake.

Unbelievable.

Dave
    W7UUU

8. KD4MOJ

KD4MOJ Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Interesting label... must have had a time warp back to 4th grade...

...DOUG
    KD4MOJ

9. NY8T

NY8T Ham Member QRZ Page

Is there a way to block certain individuals here, asking for a friend ;)

10. WD9GNG

WD9GNG Ham Member QRZ Page

Incredible how immature a fellow ham could be in sending a package addressed like it was.

KA2FIR likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.